Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
The terminology may be poor , never heard it before .

I think he has a point , I didn't feel he was trying to justify anything , he was asking a question.

Are we going too far with the desire to be seen as holier than holy.

Balance is a very very important word and we need to have balance when we are changing the world , even when its for the overall good of mankind. Without balance you will push the other side, as you describe, to rebellion , whether they are right or wrong .

"Everyone" has a side in social debate ? Dont think so , I have an opinion but its not usually strong enough for me to get a tattoo and push it down other peoples throats . Quite happy to debate and it can be fluid enough to acknowledge there are relevant points in a different of view .
I meant "everyone" loosely, there's still plenty of people who will change their minds according to facts of course. The trouble is that nowadays you could believe the craziest most ridiculous thing and you'll find plenty of people to back you up.

The 5g causing Coronavirus thing is a great example, it's lunacy, madness, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever but you've got a ton of people who believe it and will absolutely never have their mind changed even though people are pointing out all the reasons why it makes no sense, because they've also got plenty of people telling them that they're correct.

The best example of the "teams" thing I'm talking about is when Donald Trump said that he could shoot someone in Times Square and his base wouldn't care. Truest thing he's ever said.