Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I said in a recent post on here that my viewpoint has changed on this subject and I'm now broadly in agreement with you, but I think there should have been a further delay past 19 July to get the number of people with double jabs up to something like two thirds, rather than just over a half - 66 per cent was around the figure they used to talk about to achieve herd immunity when it looked like that was going to be the UK's policy.

I find it surprising that vaccine figures have done no more than stay constant or even drop a little in the time since the original "Freedom Day" was shelved because I expected there to be a real emphasis on getting as many vaccinated as possible in the interim period - after all, that was what we were told when the reason for the first delay was announced.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations
Why just two thirds? What about 12-18 year olds who could end up getting long covid? What about the chaos in schools which is happening now and is likely to be worse in September? By October all adults that want the vaccine and 12-18 year olds could have been double jabbed. It’s not like we are all cooped up at the moment.