+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Re: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’ve given you a reasonable response, if it differs to yours fine - hope that helps
    You haven't give a reasonable response though you posted something untrue about the IFR of covid backed it up with a source which wasn't any good and then ignored the actual scientific paper about it because of Bill Gates.

The funding will in my opinion give it a conflict of interest, but as I’ve said it’s important to debate things like this.

The pass in my opinion could be discriminatory and could lead to a two tiered society.

I agree that some things in Parliament are debatable and unimportant, however COVID facts gives it a different perspective altogether.

Ultimately 30% will be all for it ( regardless of any counter opinion), 40% will be on the fence and the other 30% will be against.
    What specifically is the funding? how does it lead to a conflict of interest? what are Bill Gates "interests" that are relevant here, other than wanting to improve health?. Id doesn't seem like you've thought this though other than saying Bill Gates = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What specifically is the funding? how does it lead to a conflict of interest? what are Bill Gates "interests" that are relevant here, other than wanting to improve health?. Id doesn't seem like you've thought this though other than saying Bill Gates = Bad.
    It’s just my opinion , ultimately I’m just replying to a thread on here. I have thought it through, but it’s up you to make an informed decision yourself. Im just quoting what Steven Baker raised in Parliament, which I found interesting and relevant to the debate about passports in pubs. You don’t have to agree do you ?

My personal opinion is that it should be for everything or nothing at all. I know people in my family who are in retail and Leisure and it’s going to make it very difficult for them to survive.

The funding will in my opinion give it a conflict of interest, but as I’ve said it’s important to debate things like this.

The pass in my opinion could be discriminatory and could lead to a two tiered society.

I agree that some things in Parliament are debatable and unimportant, however COVID facts gives it a different perspective altogether.

Ultimately 30% will be all for it ( regardless of any counter opinion), 40% will be on the fence and the other 30% will be against.
    I agree entirely. There is a lot of very regressive stuff being pushed through and normalised at the moment.

I have had both vaccines, wholly support the vaccination programme and would encourage people to do so, but people's bodies are their own and I don't agree in allowing or denying entry to places in ones own country based on vaccinations etc. Covid will come and go but there are certain societal norms that I think we should be wary of giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What’s your opinion ???

https://apple.news/At_vLgX4MS7i32Ovyjy0Xrg

Shirley a small pub can’t be expected to employ doormen/person, to check.

It’ll kill businesses !!
    It will effect the smaller venues who cant afford the door persons or scanners or QR codes readers etc , it will create the loss of business and sadly , jobs , time to show some live with the beast ,however whatever Nicola of Scotland does old Mark is not far behind save him looking for
    a better smarter solution .

It's a good job social media wasn't around when Jenner was working on the smallpox vaccine, which is now, officially, an eradicated disease. Vaccinations and immunology has saved millions of lives. Covid passes? First world problems.

Why do people think it will affect small businesses? Do you think a covid pass will put people off going because that doesn't seem the be the case with large events that require them at the moment. 80% of Wales is almost fully vaccinated (which is 90+ for over 12s) so it isn't even like a large number of people will be excluded.

For the life of me I can't understand the issue; if the Government decides solely on the reason that it is to protect the health and wellbeing of the majority then so be it, pubs etc. will just have to conform it they want to stay in business. I don't think the check will be too onerous for them.

It's like the business about people having the right to refuse vaccinations: absolutely correct, it's their own bodies so they should have that right. However if it is believed they put others in danger by not being vaccinated then I think they should accept the fact that certain of their liberties will be curtailed. In my opinion its like the sensible ruling that, as it's your own body, you should be able to intake as much alcohol as you wish and can afford, however, deciding to pursue that course of action will restrict your right to drive. Not unreasonable I think.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It will effect the smaller venues who cant afford the door persons or scanners or QR codes readers etc , it will create the loss of business and sadly , jobs , time to show some live with the beast ,however whatever Nicola of Scotland does old Mark is not far behind save him looking for
    a better smarter solution .
    Why would extra staff be required? It’s a 5 second check that bar staff can do. No different to checking ID for age.
    QR codes can be printed on a single sheet of paper and be scanned with even the most basic of phones these days. Just need a camera and the ability to connect to the internet.
    If that’s enough to kill off a business then they weren’t lasting long anyways.

What’s predictable about this thread is that any poster who is deemed not “regular “ and has a different opinion to the “regular” posters on any subject , not just this one ,is ganged up on ( in a virtual sense ) funny how people act when anonymous…….

Face to face a different matter I’m sure

Who is ganging up? Why is everyone on this board have such thin skin, it is just different posters posting different questions.

Which post has upset you and which posts do you think are ganging up.

You call it not regular but you're writing off a respected medical journal because of a conspiracy theory, so what is the point in anyone discussing anything with you if you won't accept any actual evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Who is ganging up? Why is everyone on this board have such thin skin, it is just different posters posting different questions.

Which post has upset you and which posts do you think are ganging up.

You call it not regular but you're writing off a respected medical journal because of a conspiracy theory, so what is the point in anyone discussing anything with you if you won't accept any actual evidence?
    I’m not writing it off , far from it , I’m just saying I prefer to take on board a discussion that took place in Parliament at a later date than the article in question. Again, that’s my view.

If the Parliamentary debate was rubbish it would have been fact-checked and de-platformed wouldn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What’s your opinion ???

https://apple.news/At_vLgX4MS7i32Ovyjy0Xrg

Shirley a small pub can’t be expected to employ doormen/person, to check.

It’ll kill businesses !!
    If it's a small pub they can say 'Oi you, show us your passport'.

If the Parliamentary debate was rubbish it would have been fact-checked and de-platformed wouldn’t it?
    I don't understand what you mean here.

There are loads of studies showing that the IFR of covid is higher than flu, is there any other evidence other than one question in parliament that hasn't been backed up by a source.

Also is IFR the only facet of covid we should worry about? What if IFR is the same? Covid is much more transmissable than flu anyway.

And I really don't understand why you think people are "ganging up" on you, it's a messageboard its one use is for things to be discussed.

I don't understand what you mean here.

There are loads of studies showing that the IFR of covid is higher than flu, is there any other evidence other than one question in parliament that hasn't been backed up by a source.

Also is IFR the only facet of covid we should worry about? What if IFR is the same? Covid is much more transmissable than flu anyway.

And I really don't understand why you think people are "ganging up" on you, it's a messageboard its one use is for things to be discussed.
    There are loads of articles that state it is the same IFR as well , which are more up to date - I will post them when I have time if you want or I could bring them to the next home game.

Ultimately whatever people think ,they are discriminatory towards other businesses, towards people who are unable to practise freedom of choice.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...19-was-a-hoax/

The infection fatality rate (IFR) measures how many infected people die from a disease. The majority of scientific papers report an IFR of 0.68% for COVID-19, meaning that 68 people out of 10,000 people who are infected will die. The fatality rate from COVID-19 is noticeably higher than that of the flu, which has an IFR of 0.1% in the U.S
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...int-15-percent

The study doesn’t compare the deadliness of the coronavirus to seasonal influenza. The World Health Organization has estimated seasonal flu has a mortality rate of about 0.1%. That’s about10 times less than the infection fatality ratio that Imperial College of London scientists found for coronavirus in high-income nations.
    I could keep going.

I'm not making a point about vaccine passports at all by the way I'm just posting facts.

But in terms of taking away freedom of choice I don't think it is. People are still free to not get vaccinated. If it is anything like France they will just be able to do a covid test every time they want to go anywhere. It is not like this will last forever.

I question the thought process and judgement of not wanting a jab unless actually medically exempt but if peoeple don't want one there is absolutely nothing making them.

There are loads of articles that state it is the same IFR as well , which are more up to date - I will post them when I have time if you want or I could bring them to the next home game.

Ultimately whatever people think ,they are discriminatory towards other businesses, towards people who are unable to practise freedom of choice.
    I hope none of those articles have been funded by someone, as that could present a conflict of interest

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I hope none of those articles have been funded by someone, as that could present a conflict of interest

They could indeed, anything else to add ?

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...19-was-a-hoax/

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...int-15-percent

I could keep going.

I'm not making a point about vaccine passports at all by the way I'm just posting facts.

But in terms of taking away freedom of choice I don't think it is. People are still free to not get vaccinated. If it is anything like France they will just be able to do a covid test every time they want to go anywhere. It is not like this will last forever.

I question the thought process and judgement of not wanting a jab unless actually medically exempt but if peoeple don't want one there is absolutely nothing making them.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...like-flu-says/

https://fullfact.org/health/covid-flu-2021/

I've just realised TWG is just Wales Bales, post history makes it very obvious.

That doesn't say anything about IFR. Once everyone is protected enough by the jabs we will treat it like flu, in fact we almost are at the moment. But with winter coming and boosters needed we can't be complacent.

I don't even understand what argument you're trying to make here, spell it out for me please.

I think your incorrect my friend perhaps we have similar opinions like many of your friends on here have with you , just to be clear , you’re making false assumptions … have another go will you ?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    For the life of me I can't understand the issue; if the Government decides solely on the reason that it is to protect the health and wellbeing of the majority then so be it, pubs etc. will just have to conform it they want to stay in business. I don't think the check will be too onerous for them.

It's like the business about people having the right to refuse vaccinations: absolutely correct, it's their own bodies so they should have that right. However if it is believed they put others in danger by not being vaccinated then I think they should accept the fact that certain of their liberties will be curtailed. In my opinion its like the sensible ruling that, as it's your own body, you should be able to intake as much alcohol as you wish and can afford, however, deciding to pursue that course of action will restrict your right to drive. Not unreasonable I think.
    Quite the correct view IMO.

First Team

Complete and utter bollocks. Because the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funded the work doesn't mean it's biased. I've done work paid for by that Foundation and I can tell you from experience they did not interfere one jot.

I think your incorrect my friend perhaps we have similar opinions like many of your friends on here have with you , just to be clear , you’re making false assumptions … have another go will you ?
    Incorrect about what?