he's on board

he's a bluebird

have it

Re: James Collins - Signing agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I love old style messageboards like that
    Great quote player I like :

Great player for the TOWN

Abiding memory...Portsmouth at home- night game. snow....he cleared from a Portsmouth corner...and chased it to the halfway line to stop them coming back...

What a player!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Great quote player I like :

Great player for the TOWN

Abiding memory...Portsmouth at home- night game. SNOW ....he cleared from a Portsmouth corner...and chased it to the halfway line to stop them coming back...

What a player!!!!

Definitely not Derby

makes you grateful to have a dynamic messageboard like this

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Watters and Harris. Feels a bit odd giving Harris a contract extension then signing Collins.

But thinking about this a bit further, this season beat the crap out of Kieffer, the type of player he his must be exhausting and he looked shattered by the end. Having Collins to ease the burden is quite smart, and for a free seems like good business.

You wouldn’t play him and kieffer in the same team so he probably doesn’t impact watters and harris that much

So yeah I’m on board
    I hope we won't play him and Keiffer in the same team unless we're chasing the game, but you never know with the way we've played the game for the last seven seasons.

I also hope that he doesn't become our first choice if we sell Keiffer. He looks a good signing as a back up for Keiffer, but I'm not sure about a direct replacement for him, but it seems like a clear drop in standards if he was our first choice striker next season.

They're talking about Tom Ince. knew he was crap so over hyped more than over rated

https://twitter.com/LutonAnalytics/s...91688662646784

I wanted to take a closer look at some of Collo's League stats (haven't bothered with cups) to examine his impact on the team and how hard he'll be to replace / how saddened we should be by his departure.

A THREAD...
    Post-thread thoughts:

One thing that's come up in discussions since posting the Collo Thread Down pointing backhand index is that the 2018/19 side in which Collo got 19 goals in open play (& the golden boot) was a striker's dream. Flying-Prem-quality-fullbacks with Shinnie pulling the strings - it was like shooting Fish in...

I've also had it pointed out to me by @roomow that he was 3rd in terms of 'big chances missed' this season.That means he was responsible for 37% of our big chances missed (17 out of a total of 46 | up from 11 missed in 19/20 season).

I know we sat pretty deep in some games & Collo was used as an outlet bit for me this clearly shows how deep he was dropping in order to get involved: https://twitter.com/LutonAnalytics/s...15387923075073

He also brought a lot of energy and defensive work which are hard to quantify. And as Kev says, if his goal conversion was as good as Toney's then he'd probably be top flight. He did exactly the job he was brought in to do, and fair play to him.
    Some thoughts in a thread (linked) and post-thread comments about our new striker.