+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I used to work for Pfizer so well done them. I understand the vaccine needs to be stored at very low temperatures so there may be some logistical issues but there are companies that can handle it, although I doubt you will be able to pop down to the GP for a shot as they usually only have fridges in their surgeries.

When working with Pfizer we handled several temperature sensitive medicines and many were flown in. All were flagged with temperature indicators which monitored variation whilst being transported. Problems sometimes occurred at airports where pallets were left on the tarmac in the heat, so having been transported across the world they could be at most risk on the tarmac at a UK airport.
    They a UK based company are they? Between them and Oxford you would think we are in a pretty good situ

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They a UK based company are they? Between them and Oxford you would think we are in a pretty good situ
    American company with a big UK manufacturing base. Vaccine plant where I think European supplies will be manufactured is in Belgium.

Apparently retired past employees based in South Wales will be first in the queue