+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: REPUBLIC of IRELAND 0 - 0 WALES. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: REPUBLIC of IRELAND v WALES. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It was a poor decision. Jonny Williams should have come on ahead of Levitt.

Giggs certainly seems to have his favourites who get brought on regardless of the impact it has on shape, Levitt and N.Williams are two of those. Surely it would have made more sense to bring on N.Williams for C.Roberts and Brooks for Wilson? Have a more attacking full back to overlap Brooks who can cut in onto his favoured left foot? Jonny in the middle to provide some much needed impetus
    Although he plays well for Wales,Jonny can’t get into the Division 1 Charlton team? and Vaulks is behind three reserve players in Murrell,Smith and Levitt!
    I don’t think Brooks is fit that’s why he was on the bench,Ramsey was disappointing today?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Although he plays well for Wales,Jonny can’t get into the Division 1 Charlton team? and Vaulks is behind three reserve players in Murrell,Smith and Levitt!
    I don’t think Brooks is fit that’s why he was on the bench,Ramsey was disappointing today?
    I thought Ramsey did ok, tried to make something happen

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I thought Ramsey did ok, tried to make something happen
    The James - Morrell - Smith - Wilson thing didn't work, and Moore didn't get any service, hence I suggested a new formation to play to our strengths (actually a 3-4-2-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Jonny has proven his quality for us over the years and just last month showed the urgency required to help break down a team.