Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
I completely agree with everything you've said here and back that sentiment 100%.
Here's the thing, I've spent a lot of time defending the FAWs decision to keep the qualifiers at CCS even though it means restricting the numbers of people that can get tickets. It's effected me personally and a lot of other fans as its genuinely hard to get hold of tickets for the big games but frankly so what. The team benefits massively from playing at CCS and that's the only thing that matters.

All that being said, if games are no longer free tonair then that's a massive problem. At a time when the cost of living is sky rocketing and even Netflix can't keep hold of subscribers, putting a fairly niche sporting event behind a pay wall is unforgivable and aslo incredibly short termist.

Just look at Test cricket. After one of the best and most watched ashes series of all time in 2005, the ECB could have used it as a springboard to massively increase viewing and participation in cricket but instead they took a quick buck from Sky. Wales is going through arguably the best football period in its history and we need to capitalise on this by making the game as accessible to young people as possible. We are a small nation and one in which football faces massive competition from another sport at grass roots level. It makes this decision look so short sighted