+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McCarthy eyeing Lawrence's record

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: McCarthy eyeing Lawrence's record

Once again, I’ve not checked this, but I’m sure we had a great scoring run at home in the 98/99 promotion season where we scored three or four each game during a six or seven match winning run.

It included a 4-2 win over Mansfield in a top of the table game, there was the 3-0 Boxing Day win over Shrewsbury where I stood on the Grange End in torrential rain and caught the worst bout of flu of my life and there was the 4-1 win over top of the table Brentford which included that great Jason Fowler goal - this season has been a bit similar to that run in that we don’t win at home unless we score three or more.

Re: McCarthy eyeing Lawrence's record

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Once again, I’ve not checked this, but I’m sure we had a great scoring run at home in the 98/99 promotion season where we scored three or four each game during a six or seven match winning run.

It included a 4-2 win over Mansfield in a top of the table game, there was the 3-0 Boxing Day win over Shrewsbury where I stood on the Grange End in torrential rain and caught the worst bout of flu of my life and there was the 4-1 win over top of the table Brentford which included that great Jason Fowler goal - this season has been a bit similar to that run in that we don’t win at home unless we score three or more.
    That was a brilliant individual goal by Jason Fowler, though there was a theory on the Bob Bank that he didn't enjoy playing much in a spot of drizzle or if it was cold.