+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fara-Go

Re: Fara-Go

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I thought you were gay: I thought you'd be a supporter of Stonewall!

Viva Alan Turing!
    i am gay thats why i don't support stonewall

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Standing for parliament isn’t the only definition of winning, albeit a narrow crude one. The cause that he stood for for over a decade, and resisted by Major and Cameron/Osborne, Labour, SNP and Plaid Cymru, was successful. The skill in his achievement was getting Brexit achieved without winning a Parliamentary seat. His life goal was achieved.

Many politicians can sit in a seat for a decade and not achieve their life goals. You have a very odd way of looking at politicians and politics if you look at things that narrowly. Or you are desperately trying to convince yourself that he has failed.

Perhaps it is time for your retirement home Bob. I’d say you’ve lost the plot completely.
    You seem so in praise of farage its almost like you are his pr agent or shagging him

It's cringeworthy

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    i am gay thats why i don't support stonewall
    Bloody hell I'm lost for words! Life is crazy!

Standing for parliament isn’t the only definition of winning, albeit a narrow crude one. The cause that he stood for for over a decade, and resisted by Major and Cameron/Osborne, Labour, SNP and Plaid Cymru, was successful. The skill in his achievement was getting Brexit achieved without winning a Parliamentary seat. His life goal was achieved.

Many politicians can sit in a seat for a decade and not achieve their life goals. You have a very odd way of looking at politicians and politics if you look at things that narrowly. Or you are desperately trying to convince yourself that he has failed.

Perhaps it is time for your retirement home Bob. I’d say you’ve lost the plot completely.

Blimey, what you were drinking yesterday must have been potent . Early in the thread I cocnceded that Farage was the wronged party in this affair and,although there have been a few revelations since then which suggest things aren’t quite as simple as he makes out, I’d say that basic truth still applies.

All I did was question the media’s approach by contrasting the way they reported, or, more accurately, didn’t report, that someone on the complete opposite side of the Brexit argument also had their bank account closed for “political reasons”.

That point has been completely ignored by you in a bizarre and bonkers manner as you come up with a pro Farage/anti Miller rant which might have been relevant seven years ago, but has nothing to do with point I was making.

if I could try to sum it up in terms of the what I was saying, it reads like you think it was wrong for Farage to have his account closed because he’s a winner and right for Miller’s to be closed because she’s.a loser. What a mad, and dangerous, way of looking at things if you really do believe that - both Farage and Miller should not have had their accounts closed for political reasons, surely that’s the truth of the matter.

The words “win” and “winner” occur throughout your daft post and so it was an obvious counter to point out that your serial winner has a notoriously bad losing record when it comes to trying to become an MP and it must be said that, so far at least, the cause that he fought for three or four decades (not the you talk about) is not going well in most people’s eyes is it?

Not quite the same thing bob, hers was for a political party garage was for a non political business account. Farage if I remember correctly does not run or is in charge of a political party

Her account was for the true and fair political party
    Farage was for Farage media ltd

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Not quite the same thing bob, hers was for a political party garage was for a non political business account. Farage if I remember correctly does not run or is in charge of a political party
    But Farage has been basing his grievances on the fact that it was his politics that got his bank account closed, while Miller’s was clearly political - are you saying that Farage is wrong to believe his account was closed because of politics?

Gina millers bank did not allow bank accounts to be set up for political parties
    Farage account was exited because didn’t like his political opinion

One decision was based on a fact the other decision was based on a bank not liking the politics if someone

To make easier - farage media ltd is not a political party it is a ltd company

Ps when people resort to “are you saying…” that’s what Cathy Newman tried on Jordan Peterson..with interesting results 😉

Gina millers bank did not allow bank accounts to be set up for political parties
    Farage account was exited because didn’t like his political opinion

One decision was based on a fact the other decision was based on a bank not liking the politics if someone

To make easier - farage media ltd is not a political party it is a ltd company

Ps when people resort to “are you saying…” that’s what Cathy Newman tried on Jordan Peterson..with interesting results ��
    I see that How to Split Hairs seminar you went on last week went well then.

Surely any political party should have a bank account? So why would a bank refuse to have a political party as a client? The only answer I can come up with is that they would not want to be accused of favouring one side of the political spectrum over another, but it makes no difference politics were the reason that Gina Miller’s account was closed.

As far as Farage goes, we have the CEO of the bank being forced to resign because she admitted that the decision to close his account was down to his politics and the man himself claiming the same thing, yet you are saying you know better than them.

I had to look up Cathy Newman and Jordan Peterson were and I definitely won’t be asking you the same question thirty odd times, just the twice. Your use of the word “resort” is interesting as if it is some sort of sign of desperation. On the contrary, I think it’s you who is being desperate by aligning yourself to a different view than the one Farage is taking.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You seem so in praise of farage its almost like you are his pr agent or shagging him

It's cringeworthy
    I have never voted for UKIP nor Brexit Party. I commenting on his political skills and ability to be effective, not whether I like him or his party. That is the thing with you pal - if you don’t like someone’s politics you cannot assess their abilities objectively. You are too heatedand too emotional. You cannot seperate your feelings from a rational, detached assessment.

“Shagging”. “Creepy”. Seriously, how old are you? Grow up, man. I you had studied or applied leadership skills, you would assess someone’s skills in a detached way, and not whether you like them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Blimey, what you were drinking yesterday must have been potent . Early in the thread I cocnceded that Farage was the wronged party in this affair and,although there have been a few revelations since then which suggest things aren’t quite as simple as he makes out, I’d say that basic truth still applies.

All I did was question the media’s approach by contrasting the way they reported, or, more accurately, didn’t report, that someone on the complete opposite side of the Brexit argument also had their bank account closed for “political reasons”.

That point has been completely ignored by you in a bizarre and bonkers manner as you come up with a pro Farage/anti Miller rant which might have been relevant seven years ago, but has nothing to do with point I was making.

if I could try to sum it up in terms of the what I was saying, it reads like you think it was wrong for Farage to have his account closed because he’s a winner and right for Miller’s to be closed because she’s.a loser. What a mad, and dangerous, way of looking at things if you really do believe that - both Farage and Miller should not have had their accounts closed for political reasons, surely that’s the truth of the matter.

The words “win” and “winner” occur throughout your daft post and so it was an obvious counter to point out that your serial winner has a notoriously bad losing record when it comes to trying to become an MP and it must be said that, so far at least, the cause that he fought for three or four decades (not the you talk about) is not going well in most people’s eyes is it?
    Some fair points although slightly dated. I’ll concede on one or two there but not most. I actually agree that Miller and Farag were both wronged, but this is the slippery slope that many have warned about for years about woke politics - where companies are now taking sides on social issues and politics when it should not be a part of their raison d’etre. Most people have warned of this woke slippery slope but many ignored the warnings, not being able to think more than one step ahead.

It really doesn’t matter how good the effect of Brexit are going, which is a 50/50 contentious subject. In terms of effective leadership he has achieved what he set out to achieve over 15 years ago. And if a leader delivers on their goals they are an effective leader. Whether they are good or bad or not, is for voters to decide. As a leader he persuaded Cameron to offer the referendum, he increased UKIP’s power sufficiently to scare Cameron into doing so, he achieved huge results for the Brexit Party in European elections, he persuaded over half the country to vote Brexit against the odds, he even managed to scare Labour enough into not talking about Europe for the moment.

Colossal achievements in British politics, to dominate the agenda even though he isn’t part of either main party. Very powerful leadership, even though I don’t like not trust the guy. Whether his methods are ethical, or whether the results are a good or bad thing, are seperate discussions on which a range of opinions will be floating around. But he got what he wanted - and that is effective, powerful leadership

I have never voted for UKIP nor Brexit Party. I commenting on his political skills and ability to be effective, not whether I like him or his party. That is the thing with you pal - if you don’t like someone’s politics you cannot assess their abilities objectively. You are too heatedand too emotional. You cannot seperate your feelings from a rational, detached assessment.

“Shagging”. “Creepy”. Seriously, how old are you? Grow up, man. I you had studied or applied leadership skills, you would assess someone’s skills in a detached way, and not whether you like them or not.
    Instead of talking so much right wing guff about your hero try rationing your words

It's boring self indulgent cobblers

I try not to go on twitter much - you tend to dip your toe in for five minutes and it comes out smelling of sewerage.

However I did see that Farage posted about Gina Miller losing her account and she publicly thanked him.

Whatever the full story is in both cases, given the divisions of recent years I actually found it a rather nice thing to read.

Some fair points although slightly dated. I’ll concede on one or two there but not most. I actually agree that Miller and Farag were both wronged, but this is the slippery slope that many have warned about for years about woke politics - where companies are now taking sides on social issues and politics when it should not be a part of their raison d’etre. Most people have warned of this woke slippery slope but many ignored the warnings, not being able to think more than one step ahead.

It really doesn’t matter how good the effect of Brexit are going, which is a 50/50 contentious subject. In terms of effective leadership he has achieved what he set out to achieve over 15 years ago. And if a leader delivers on their goals they are an effective leader. Whether they are good or bad or not, is for voters to decide. As a leader he persuaded Cameron to offer the referendum, he increased UKIP’s power sufficiently to scare Cameron into doing so, he achieved huge results for the Brexit Party in European elections, he persuaded over half the country to vote Brexit against the odds, he even managed to scare Labour enough into not talking about Europe for the moment.

Colossal achievements in British politics, to dominate the agenda even though he isn’t part of either main party. Very powerful leadership, even though I don’t like not trust the guy. Whether his methods are ethical, or whether the results are a good or bad thing, are seperate discussions on which a range of opinions will be floating around. But he got what he wanted - and that is effective, powerful leadership
    That's a much more even handed message than your first one was and I generally agree that Farage is one of the most important political characters in this country of the twenty first century - even if I would argue that he is a flawed major player in the political game. I read an article in the Guardian of all places last week that was very respectful of Farage's abilities as they set out an argument for saying he was the figure who could be said to have dominated UK politics in the last twenty odd years.

I'm not sure I'd go that far. For example, Dominic Cummings' simple "take back control" line was perhaps decisive in the outcome of the Referendum because it captured in the most simple terms the powerlessness people in what I'll call working class areas of the country were experiencing.

It’s strange how some people are now attempting to be nice about farage, it’s all rather cringey. If people think he’s an evil racist narcissist xenophobic nut case then why are people changing their minds….bizarre

Coutts have now offered him both accounts back, personally I hope he continues until legislation is enacted.

He will get substantial damages and then the ICO can issue the data breach fine.
    Precedent is established and it is at last a win against large corporate banks for everyone to benefit from

It’s strange how some people are now attempting to be nice about farage, it’s all rather cringey. If people think he’s an evil racist narcissist xenophobic nut case then why are people changing their minds….bizarre

Coutts have now offered him both accounts back, personally I hope he continues until legislation is enacted.

He will get substantial damages and then the ICO can issue the data breach fine.
    Precedent is established and it is at last a win against large corporate banks for everyone to benefit from
    I am not changing my mind on farage

He's an utter cxxx and always has been

Instead of talking so much right wing guff about your hero try rationing your words

It's boring self indulgent cobblers
    Unlike your good self, not everyone has the gift of engaging in objective, balanced and interesting political analysis regarding politics, Sludge.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Unlike your good self, not everyone has the gift of engaging in objective, balanced and interesting political analysis regarding politics, Sludge.
    I am not interested in debating politics with Tories

I am not interested in debating politics with Tories
    You don't say!

You don't say!
    he does, and often. must have brain rot

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;5442845]

That's a much more even handed message than your first one was and I generally agree that Farage is one of the most important political characters in this country of the twenty first century - even if I would argue that he is a flawed major player in the political game. I read an article in the Guardian of all places last week that was very respectful of Farage's abilities as they set out an argument for saying he was the figure who could be said to have dominated UK politics in the last twenty odd years.

I'm not sure I'd go that far. For example, Dominic Cummings' simple "take back control" line was perhaps decisive in the outcome of the Referendum because it captured in the most simple terms the powerlessness people in what I'll call working class areas of the country were experiencing.[/

He is a contender but I agree I am not sure I would go that far either Bob. If it is twenty years I am minded to pass that award to Blair who really did dominate in every sense and exited unbeaten. Nicola Sturgeon could also make a strong case. Tough one, but I think Blair might have to nick it.

By the way Bobby, no beers involved the other night. I am tea total these days. That said late night tiredness in play, and wanted to apologise for the ageist comments. Not necessary, not required and not really sure why I said. We might sit on the opposite benches on politics but nevertheless - a genuine handshake and apology offered to a respected messageboard poster

You don't say!
    Yet weirdly he spends a lot of time on here debating (in the loosest of terms) all things politics.
    It’s a sort of political ADHD plus some memory loss. A brain that is stuck in a Thatcher obsessed fog….

[QUOTE=Keyser Soze;5442978]
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I'm not sure I'd go that far. For example, Dominic Cummings' simple "take back control" line was perhaps decisive in the outcome of the Referendum because it captured in the most simple terms the powerlessness people in what I'll call working class areas of the country were experiencing.[/

He is a contender but I agree I am not sure I would go that far either Bob. If it is twenty years I am minded to pass that award to Blair who really did dominate in every sense and exited unbeaten. Nicola Sturgeon could also make a strong case. Tough one, but I think Blair might have to nick it.

By the way Bobby, no beers involved the other night. I am tea total these days. That said late night tiredness in play, and wanted to apologise for the ageist comments. Not necessary, not required and not really sure why I said. We might sit on the opposite benches on politics but nevertheless - a genuine handshake and apology offered to a respected messageboard poster

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;5442985]

Give it a few weeks

Yet weirdly he spends a lot of time on here debating (in the loosest of terms) all things politics.
    It’s a sort of political ADHD plus some memory loss. A brain that is stuck in a Thatcher obsessed fog….
    Tory Arse Bore