+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: People calling for Tan to go

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: People calling for Tan to go

I can understand people clinging to what we've currently got (which isn't much) rather than contemplate a future which could be even worse. Who knows what's round the corner?

However, there's surely a stark reality to the direction the club is heading. It must be obvious to everyone Tan is looking to extricate himself from the club at the earliest opportunity and at a price of his choosing. When the red debacle finally ended he made it clear "no further significant investment' and for all his failings I believe him to be a man of his word.

We will never make progress under his watch. His only concern is to make the club saleable and he wants hands on control of his personnel. Therefore even if he got rid of Dalman and Choo he would only likely recruit two lookalikes. He is never going to employ football people in the interests of developing the club.

It actually might be in our interests to get relegated so that he might take a much lower bid just to get out of a failed project. Hopefully that might enable more forward thinking owners to put cash and knowledge into getting us on the right road.

Re: People calling for Tan to go

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I can understand people clinging to what we've currently got (which isn't much) rather than contemplate a future which could be even worse. Who knows what's round the corner?

However, there's surely a stark reality to the direction the club is heading. It must be obvious to everyone Tan is looking to extricate himself from the club at the earliest opportunity and at a price of his choosing. When the red debacle finally ended he made it clear "no further significant investment' and for all his failings I believe him to be a man of his word.

We will never make progress under his watch. His only concern is to make the club saleable and he wants hands on control of his personnel. Therefore even if he got rid of Dalman and Choo he would only likely recruit two lookalikes. He is never going to employ football people in the interests of developing the club.

It actually might be in our interests to get relegated so that he might take a much lower bid just to get out of a failed project. Hopefully that might enable more forward thinking owners to put cash and knowledge into getting us on the right road.
    This is the most pertinent post in this thread.

"When the red debacle finally ended he made it clear "no further significant investment' and for all his failings I believe him to be a man of his word."

I think the majority of the people commenting in this thread seem to have conveniently forgotten this. I remember this all too clearly. It seemed petulant and for me and just reinforced any doubts I had about this guy's character. How you can say " without red, I can't market the team in Asia and therefore have to reduce investment in the team" is about as daft an excuse as I've ever heard. We are still living with the consequences of this silliness.

I think the lack of investment in the team is probably a good thing though as we undoubtedly would have ended up owing someone or other in the long run.

I've asked a few times about where we stand on the debt and the debt to equity promises yet none of those who champion this billionaire business man seem to have much of an idea either.

Whatever the case may be, the team is going backwards (or stagnating at best). If people are happy to be a languishing championship side in exchange for Tan's money then fair enough. I don't get it personally.