+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CHARLTON 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CHARLTON 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Their first was handball, we should have had a penalty and also possibly a red card for them, but yeah.
    It wasn’t handball. He played it with his chest.

I can understand people being positive about some of the football given the dire stuff served up this season by Warnock, but it has to be considered that Charlton were missing nine or ten players and had another carried off.

The lad who came on for them in midfield during the second half was recalled from a loan spell at Ebbsfleet this week. That puts things in perspective.

For me, the most refreshing thing was seeing someone other than Warnock on the sidelines. Harris seemed upbeat, which is a start at least. However, I just don’t think this team has anywhere near enough quality to challenge for the play-offs.

Important not to lose away from home in first game and given our poor away form this season. Stoke won today so sets up big game for first home game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It wasn’t handball. He played it with his chest.

I can understand people being positive about some of the football given the dire stuff served up this season by Warnock, but it has to be considered that Charlton were missing nine or ten players and had another carried off.

The lad who came on for them in midfield during the second half was recalled from a loan spell at Ebbsfleet this week. That puts things in perspective.

For me, the most refreshing thing was seeing someone other than Warnock on the sidelines. Harris seemed upbeat, which is a start at least. However, I just don’t think this team has anywhere near enough quality to challenge for the play-offs.
    I think the most obvious difference today was that we tried to press the opposition higher up the pitch. It meant that we were occasionally able to win the ball back in advanced positions, but we exposed our slow back four to the ball over the top of the defence.