+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    P!ss up in the Senedd including the leader of the Conservatives.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ended-19657263
    Strange that it should come to light now to divert attention from Drakeford's stupid comments.

I reckon Alun Davies took one for his party.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Strange that it should come to light now to divert attention from Drakeford's stupid comments.

I didn't realise you were such a cynic!

A couple of concerning stories out there regarding vaccines. One sees UK figures dropping on each of the last three days and the other concerns the decision to stretch the gap between the two jabs to twelve weeks - Israel, who raced ahead of everyone else in dispensing vaccines have had a spike in cases amid comments that the vaccine was proving "less effective than we thought".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-than-we-hoped

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I didn't realise you were such a cynic!

A couple of concerning stories out there regarding vaccines. One sees UK figures dropping on each of the last three days and the other concerns the decision to stretch the gap between the two jabs to twelve weeks - Israel, who raced ahead of everyone else in dispensing vaccines have had a spike in cases amid comments that the vaccine was proving "less effective than we thought".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-than-we-hoped
    Pfizer always said that the success rate in trials on one dose was 52%. The 'experts' extrapolated data from the trial work and concluded that it was 90% effective. The BMA in Wales maintains that there is some evidence in Pfizer's trial data to say it is effective for 6 weeks maximum at first dose and they have been in the press recently asking that front line HC workers receive their second dose by then.

The vaccinations slowing may be something to do with England moving vaccine to the 'slower' parts of the country. Wales just needs to get a move on.

I looked at the Cardiff and Vale data and their report on 18 January states that 24,692 have had jabs of which 2,,749 have been in non priority patients, 18,582 in Health care, social care and care home workers. When it comes to patients only 3351 over 80s have been vaccinated. Wales stats data shows 11,000 over 85 in Cardiff and Vale, plus 25,000 75-84

Vaughan Gething says he hopes that 70% of 80 + and care home residents will be vaccinated by Friday. Some hope.

Pfizer always said that the success rate in trials on one dose was 52%. The 'experts' extrapolated data from the trial work and concluded that it was 90% effective. The BMA in Wales maintains that there is some evidence in Pfizer's trial data to say it is effective for 6 weeks maximum at first dose and they have been in the press recently asking that front line HC workers receive their second dose by then.

The vaccinations slowing may be something to do with England moving vaccine to the 'slower' parts of the country. Wales just needs to get a move on.

I looked at the Cardiff and Vale data and their report on 18 January states that 24,692 have had jabs of which 2,,749 have been in non priority patients, 18,582 in Health care, social care and care home workers. When it comes to patients only 3351 over 80s have been vaccinated. Wales stats data shows 11,000 over 85 in Cardiff and Vale, plus 25,000 75-84

Vaughan Gething says he hopes that 70% of 80 + and care home residents will be vaccinated by Friday. Some hope.
    So, 11,000 over 85’s in Cardiff area? They have a lot to do this week if they want to achieve 70%.......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    So, 11,000 over 85’s in Cardiff area? They have a lot to do this week if they want to achieve 70%.......

I took the data from 'Wales stats'....very comprehensive for all parts of Wales population data by age

It does seem strange, that they sat on this for over a month, before releasing it to the press. Stinks of "Duckford wanting his name out of the spotlight"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It does seem strange, that they sat on this for over a month, before releasing it to the press. Stinks of "Duckford wanting his name out of the spotlight"
    Come May it will be

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Come May it will be
    If there is an election in May