+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The forgotten playoffs....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The forgotten playoffs....

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    I never seem to hear anyone talking about the (then) Division 3 playoff campaign in 1997 vs Northampton.

I know that, like this time, Swansea were in the other semi final but other than that I don’t know much else.

I started supported City in 98 so I just missed out.

Anyone care to give me a little run down on what they remember of it?
    Were we confident going in? Was the atmosphere at Ninian any good? Was it a sell out? How would a Cardiff Vs Swansea Wembley final have been in 97? Pretty nuts I imagine.
    We had the lotto kit. The home one was decent, not so much the away kit. We were a poor side then. First playoff campaign I can remember - was it our first ever? I didn't realise that the Jacks were in there too.

Eckhardt was a proper player though.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    We had the lotto kit. The home one was decent, not so much the away kit. We were a poor side then. First playoff campaign I can remember - was it our first ever? I didn't realise that the Jacks were in there too.

He's now a tiler in Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

Yes, it was our first time in the Play Offs.