+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lets Have a Sensible Debate -Part 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lets Have a Sensible Debate -Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’m sure there was an away game where they both started in a middle three, I can’t remember the game now but we lost.

Edit
    WBA away was the game.
    Yes, you’re right, but I notice we started with a back three, wing backs, two strikers and no wingers that night (Grant couldn’t play), so maybe Bulut thought that the extra centreback gave him enough protection to have Colwill and Turnbull in the starting line up - whatever his thinking was, we conceded within thirty seconds!

I should have said will two out of those three start when we play our normal four at the back.

Re: Lets Have a Sensible Debate -Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, you’re right, but I notice we started with a back three, wing backs, two strikers and no wingers that night (Grant couldn’t play), so maybe Bulut thought that the extra centreback gave him enough protection to have Colwill and Turnbull in the starting line up - whatever his thinking was, we conceded within thirty seconds!

I should have said will two out of those three start when we play our normal four at the back.
    Yeah, it’s a shame we started so poorly in that game as I wondered how that formation may have worked out. Even though both started it was a very clear 3 in midfield, none really pushing up to join the top 2.