+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A turning point in our season?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A turning point in our season?

A director of football has to be a starting point. Stephen Mcphail could be an option as hes doing a good job at shamrock.

As for a manager that's a tough one but maybe someone schooled by the FAW successful training programme rather than the old boys drinking club

Re: A turning point in our season?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    A director of football has to be a starting point. Stephen Mcphail could be an option as hes doing a good job at shamrock.

As for a manager that's a tough one but maybe someone schooled by the FAW successful training programme rather than the old boys drinking club
    you don't appoint a director of football as a knee jerk to a bad result or run of results. they are looking at the longer term strategy of the football side of things, not the day to day stuff. they aren't going to mean we don't make bad signings all of a sudden, but at least they should make sense within an overall strategy.
    where we are at the moment, for the first time we actually seem to have a medium to long term strategy.
    we are bringing through youth, and looking to sign players who might have sell on value.
    if we continue down that route and develop some more expertise in recruitment then I would feel we are moving in the right direction at least.
    many directors of football don't have any real football knowledge, but if they are competent they can bring in the right people to put in the right places.
    I've been banging on about getting a director of football for years, and now is probably when I feel like we need to out one in the least in a long time.