+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin's attitude

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tomlin's attitude

So, just out of interest, how did Tomlin of last season compare with the Jason Koumas of 05/06? For me, there were times when Tomlin was the only thing making games worthwhile, but he was no Koumas.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, just out of interest, how did Tomlin of last season compare with the Jason Koumas of 05/06? For me, there were times when Tomlin was the only thing making games worthwhile, but he was no Koumas.
    Koumas. He had the talent and physical attributes to make it in the Prem and for a few seasons at Cardiff and WBA, he showed he had the application too. What a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Koumas. He had the talent and physical attributes to make it in the Prem and for a few seasons at Cardiff and WBA, he showed he had the application too. What a player.
    Yes. We couldn't quite afford to buy him for the next season, which was a huge shame. He never really recovered from that. Don't think there was a lot of love lost between him and West Brom boss, Bryan Robson, at the time. Koumas in that 2006/07 side when Scimeca and McPhail were so instrumental would have been incredible.

But we never landed him. I wonder if we had managed to sign Koumas permanently, we may never have brought in Peter Whittingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes. We couldn't quite afford to buy him for the next season, which was a huge shame. He never really recovered from that. Don't think there was a lot of love lost between him and West Brom boss, Bryan Robson, at the time. Koumas in that 2006/07 side when Scimeca and McPhail were so instrumental would have been incredible.

But we never landed him. I wonder if we had managed to sign Koumas permanently, we may never have brought in Peter Whittingham.
    I doubt it but you never know! Saved the 7 shirt for Koumas didn't we. Remember Hammam trying to get business owners like Giovanni trying to chip in for Koumas .

Koumas in the first half of that season with Chopra might have been the x factor we needed to continue the push. Who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I doubt it but you never know! Saved the 7 shirt for Koumas didn't we. Remember Hammam trying to get business owners like Giovanni trying to chip in for Koumas .

Koumas in the first half of that season with Chopra might have been the x factor we needed to continue the push. Who knows!
    I would guess he would have kept Ledley out of the team. I think he must have played left back when Whitts moved into the team. Parry had an excellent season with goals and many assists.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I liked Koumas first time round.

Not so much second time.