+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Been watching the last twenty minutes and, like yesterday evening,it looks like the usual crap Cardiff wicket (lifeless and slow), that combined with the Aussie ball which goes soft after about thirty overs makes it hard to see how there could be a positive result without the sort of contrivance between captains you don’t tend to get these days.

Neser and Harris turning things around for Glamorgan with a century stand, 200-7.
    This kookaburra trial seems very much at odds with the other stated desire for this season of 'encouraging positive cricket'. Could have understood as a 1 off, but 3 games seems mad.

I would have thought the change in points structure this year would have been a good encouragement for captain's agreements to set a game up. But as you say, they just don't seem to be interested in doing it anymore.

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    This kookaburra trial seems very much at odds with the other stated desire for this season of 'encouraging positive cricket'. Could have understood as a 1 off, but 3 games seems mad.

I would have thought the change in points structure this year would have been a good encouragement towards a captain's to set a game up. But as you say, they just don't seem to be interested in doing it anymore
    The commentators were speculating that, as scoring rates don’t seem so bad with kookaburra ball at other grounds, that the Cardiff pitch exaggerates the effects of the ball. It won’t happen because it would be a pretty low priority for a club where money is tight, but I dig up a few pitches to lay new ones with some pace and bounce that, hopefully, would provide something for the spinners as the game went on.

Durham apart, it’s a very tight division this year with every other club still entertaining hopes of the second promotion place, I don’t you’ll be seeing any declaration games until it gets to the stage where sides have to win to maintain hopes of going up.