+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dag & RedB v Wrexham

Dag & RedB v Wrexham

Anyone know of a decent stream for the game?

Re: Dag & RedB v Wrexham

Stockport 1 up

Losing 1 0

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Losing 1 0
    It was disallowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    It was disallowed.
    Well, it’s 2-0 to Stockport now - Play Offs forWrexham now, as they’ve just gone 1-0 down.

Make that 2. Play offs will be tricky especially as Solihull is the form team.

Bit of a long drawn out affair, the play offs. Wrexham ending the season a bit flaky as well, I wonder if their fans will have the two matches on the same Sunday taken out of their hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Make that 2. Play offs will be tricky especially as Solihull is the form team.
    Before today, Wrexham's form was at worst on a par with Solihull Moors.

Wrexham getting ****ed in the arse.

Notts County dark horses for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Notts County dark horses for me.
    Zebras?

it'll be great for that Netflix documentary if they go up via the playoffs mind

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Before today, Wrexham's form was at worst on a par with Solihull Moors.
    Doubt it if their away form has been, but, if I understand the Play Offs right, they won’t have a game away from the Racecourse before the Final.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Doubt it if their away form has been, but, if I understand the Play Offs right, they won’t have a game away from the Racecourse before the Final.
    Yes they get a one off home game against the winner of notts county or Grimsby then it’s the final. (Solihull play home against winner of Halifax and chesterfield in the other playoff games )

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Yes they get a one off home game against the winner of notts county or Grimsby then it’s the final. (Solihull play home against winner of Halifax and chesterfield in the other playoff games )

I’d be interested to know how clubs have fared with this type of PO arrangement they’ve got in the conference now. Obviously a big advantage to play at home and although it’s one game left, in a long season for Wrexham with a cup final to come too, does the momentum of winning the PO semi help?

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    I’d be interested to know how clubs have fared with this type of PO arrangement they’ve got in the conference now. Obviously a big advantage to play at home and although it’s one game left, in a long season for Wrexham with a cup final to come too, does the momentum of winning the PO semi help?
    I think all the play off semi-finals should be one game at home to the highest finisher.

I think there should be three up and three down, just like in the football league. The standard at the top of the National League is pretty good from what I have watched over the past few seasons

With our home Play off record of won one, lost six I think it is, we’d be playing to lose in any games we had left after qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I think all the play off semi-finals should be one game at home to the highest finisher.
    I'm not so convinced.

At the time of writing this, 74 playoff first legs finished as draws, meaning the second legs were a case of starting from scratch. 51 second legs were won by the home team (the higher ranked side), with 23 wins by the away side. That would suggest home advantage does make a difference.

However, if you look at those stats on a division by division basis, the Championship is far closer in terms of which teams go through after a first leg draw, currently reading 12-10 to the home sides in the second leg.

Of course, there could be an element of teams thinking they'd done the hard work by getting a draw away from home, then taking their foot off the gas in the second leg. I still think there's a lot of pressure on a side to win at home if that's what is needed. 29% of teams at home in the second leg that lost away manage to get through. 48% of sides at home in the second leg fail to make the final if they need to win on the night (even if it is only on penalties). 84% of sides that win away in the first leg make the final.

Currently 39% of teams that finish in the highest playoff spot win promotion. 22% of all sides that finish in the second highest playoff spot win promotion. Between them, the teams in the two highest playoff spots make up 58% of all the teams in the final.

With our home Play off record of won one, lost six I think it is, we’d be playing to lose in any games we had left after qualifying.
    Worst home playoff record by a distance.

Quick quiz question for you: Which team holds the record for the heaviest home defeat in a Championship second leg fixture after drawing away from home in the first leg?

Quick quiz question for you: Which team holds the record for the heaviest home defeat in a Championship second leg fixture after drawing away from home in the first leg?
    I think I know the answer to that one.

I think I know the answer to that one.

Are we really?

God if it’s the game I was thinking of I was so depressed.

I was absolutely certain we’d make the final

I'm not so convinced.

At the time of writing this, 74 playoff first legs finished as draws, meaning the second legs were a case of starting from scratch. 51 second legs were won by the home team (the higher ranked side), with 23 wins by the away side. That would suggest home advantage does make a difference.

However, if you look at those stats on a division by division basis, the Championship is far closer in terms of which teams go through after a first leg draw, currently reading 12-10 to the home sides in the second leg.

Of course, there could be an element of teams thinking they'd done the hard work by getting a draw away from home, then taking their foot off the gas in the second leg. I still think there's a lot of pressure on a side to win at home if that's what is needed. 29% of teams at home in the second leg that lost away manage to get through. 48% of sides at home in the second leg fail to make the final if they need to win on the night (even if it is only on penalties). 84% of sides that win away in the first leg make the final.

Currently 39% of teams that finish in the highest playoff spot win promotion. 22% of all sides that finish in the second highest playoff spot win promotion. Between them, the teams in the two highest playoff spots make up 58% of all the teams in the final.

Not sure you can just take those statistics and count the home leg only, doesn't work like that. In all sports home advantage is a thing & it drags on too much already, just get it done!