+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Not in Drakeford's case by the looks of it.

School re-opening. So, I was talking to my sister about her son. Their school is opening for 4 weeks, Y1-Y6. However, kids will attend just 1 morning a week (2 days), and there will be no teaching. My sister's conclusion - not worth it (despite her concerns on the effects of his education, 4 morning sessions with no teaching is not going to have an impact on that). Which, I have to say, seems a good decision. It helps protect teachers as we head to September when Social distancing can hopefully be relaxed as cases continue to wane.

However, this needs a real plan. If kids are allowed just 1 or 2 sessions of school a week then that serves no purpose at all. Maybe it needs some out of the box thinking, and maybe the use of offices, night/evening classes to get more regular schooling.
    My Daughter has just had her timetable.

She will be in for 3 days in total.

Banned

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    My Daughter has just had her timetable.

She will be in for 3 days in total.
    My sister said "It's not normal, it's not even half way to being normal". The school issued a video basically saying "We can't guarantee social distancing will be maintained, that is up to you and your children". I feel sorry for the schools, it's not their decision to re-open and you have to wonder what is going to be achieved by 1 3-hour stint a week.

My nephew has asthma, she has no idea if he is "at risk" or not. But, if he comes home sick, it will be her and us worrying. Result, he isn't going in.