Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
I voted for him and remain reasonably happy with his leadership of the party.

Not concerned that some find him boring. We've just had three years of a clown in charge and look where that's got us. Politics is not a branch of entertainment, give me decency and competence any day of the week.

Don't forget the mess that Corbyn left. An 80 seat Tory majority and trailing 20% or more in opinion polls.

The party has a much more competent front bench as it moves to being regarded as a government in waiting rather than just a party of protest.

Lots to do and I'd like to see more dynamism and policy initiatives, which will hopefully come in the autumn via the party conference.
I'm torn on this because I was a HUGE Corbyn fan.

In my opinion Starmer is mediocre at best and probably more suited to being a left wing member of the Tory ranks. He can't fill Jeremy's boots which of course, is a big big ask of anyone.

On the other hand, where my agreement with your synopsis lies, is that the country is not yet ready for a true left wing government so sadly we have to make a sop to the right wing to be able to have a chance in getting rid of the Tories. In that respect, paradoxically, I can sympathize with Starmer's strategy of appearing to curry favour with the right wing majority of the country.