+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Assisted dying

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Assisted dying

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    the Canadian model of 'assisted dying ' works well, kill the poor
    I would like to see the actual evidence that poor people in Canada are being subject to euthanasia.

You may be referring to an opinion poll in Canada in which 25% of respondents were ok with the idea of euthanasia for homeless poor people. I wonder how many homeless people took part in that survey?!! Quite a shameful reflection on the attitude of the Canadian public I would say. Of course an opinion poll is just that, and not a reflection of reality. The U.K. guidelines (if they ever come to fruition) would need to be absolutely clear along the lines of the Isle of Man legislation:

The Isle of Man is on course to become the first part of the British Isles to legalise assisted dying as an option for its terminally ill, mentally competent citizens, subject to strict safeguards.

Ref: https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/ne...or-compassion/

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I would like to see the actual evidence that poor people in Canada are being subject to euthanasia.

You may be referring to an opinion poll in Canada in which 25% of respondents were ok with the idea of euthanasia for homeless poor people. I wonder how many homeless people took part in that survey?!! Quite a shameful reflection on the attitude of the Canadian public I would say. Of course an opinion poll is just that, and not a reflection of reality. The U.K. guidelines (if they ever come to fruition) would need to be absolutely clear along the lines of the Isle of Man legislation:

The Isle of Man is on course to become the first part of the British Isles to legalise assisted dying as an option for its terminally ill, mentally competent citizens, subject to strict safeguards.

Ref: https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/ne...or-compassion/
    try AP news Canada euthanasia laws , just one side i know

try AP news Canada euthanasia laws , just one side i know
    Had a look at AP News Canada. Practically all the references just talk about the case of one man, the man with depression and other unspecified medical conditions who apparently requested euthanasia just because he had gone deaf! His wish was granted much to the horror of his relatives. Again, it does not appear to be a case of the state "execution" of poor or disabled people which the dramatic headline implies.

Admittedly it is a sad and shocking case - why weren't the relatives informed of this guy's request and also why did the folk who carried out the assisted dying stop and think about the reason the guy put forward for his request in the first place?

To put things in perspective it appears that there are about 10,000 cases of assisted dying in Canada every year, the vast majority being for people with terminal illnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Had a look at AP News Canada. Practically all the references just talk about the case of one man, the man with depression and other unspecified medical conditions who apparently requested euthanasia just because he had gone deaf! His wish was granted much to the horror of his relatives. Again, it does not appear to be a case of the state "execution" of poor or disabled people which the dramatic headline implies.

Admittedly it is a sad and shocking case - why weren't the relatives informed of this guy's request and also why did the folk who carried out the assisted dying stop and think about the reason the guy put forward for his request in the first place?

To put things in perspective it appears that there are about 10,000 cases of assisted dying in Canada every year, the vast majority being for people with terminal illnesses.
    the ''majority'' for terminal illness should be a worrying phrase

the ''majority'' for terminal illness should be a worrying phrase
    It’s her body her choice - unless it’s Covid vaccines though

https://www.charitytoday.co.uk/esthe...g-segregation/