+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala case

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sala case

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    As I understand it the claims before the court are that:
    1. Within the context of French employment law Emiliano was still their employee at his time of death as the documents terminating his employment had not been lodged (or had been improperly lodged).
    2. Given he was still their employee they owed him a duty of care that they neglected through their arrangements with a connected party to Nantes, i.e. the player agency involved and it's employee/representative who arranged an "illegal" flight.
    3. As a result of Nantes negligence Cardiff City suffered financial losses, namely the transfer fee and related costs and the potential earnings from avoiding relegation from the Premier League.
    Thanks. Makes me a bit uneasy if I’m honest that we are trying to exploit a loophole of whether his registration was properly completed. Especially as pinning our hopes on Nantes using a dodgy agent that we freely used ourselves at that time.

Mainly just feel for the family as this continues to drag on.

David

Re: Sala case

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    Thanks. Makes me a bit uneasy if I’m honest that we are trying to exploit a loophole of whether his registration was properly completed. Especially as pinning our hopes on Nantes using a dodgy agent that we freely used ourselves at that time.

Mainly just feel for the family as this continues to drag on.

David
    I understand your view but this isn't about footballer registration, it's French employment law and the potential consequences of failing to exercise a proper duty of care to an employee.
    When we finally get to a judgement the Sala family lawyers will likely take their own action if the court takes the view that he was still Nantes' employee and they were negligent in their dealings with him, even if the financial end of Cardiff City's claim fails.