+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Awake and a Bit Excited

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Awake and a Bit Excited

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    But I said the sort of team Norwich are going to put out - Pukki is not all about aerial battling and power, it seems to me that you need someone with some pace and anticipation against him and that would not be a Sean Morrison who’ll be thirty two in January. In a fortnight, we face Birmingham who could pick someone like Jutkiewicz who would dominate Ng in the air, then it becomes a different argument and Kipre and Ng looks a bit more vulnerable.
    Morrison is a leader and will organise the back 4 which has looked a bit of a mess so far. He’s also an excellent centre back. It’s not just about his strength in the air.

Not only that but we need to compete at set pieces. Morrison is very good at both ends with that.

His passing is better than he gets credit for too.

I’m also not one for swapping defenders around. Organisation and partnerships are SO important.

I’m also yet to be convinced that Ng is an answer in a 2. Hopefully it works out for him as I’m not expecting Morrison to be back soon, and even so it’ll be a big ask for him to get back to his previous level

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Morrison is a leader and will organise the back 4 which has looked a bit of a mess so far. He’s also an excellent centre back. It’s not just about his strength in the air.

Not only that but we need to compete at set pieces. Morrison is very good at both ends with that.

His passing is better than he gets credit for too.

I’m also not one for swapping defenders around. Organisation and partnerships are SO important.

I’m also yet to be convinced that Ng is an answer in a 2. Hopefully it works out for him as I’m not expecting Morrison to be back soon, and even so it’ll be a big ask for him to get back to his previous level
    I am pretty sure Mozzer will be given a new contract when he is fit again - provided the club are confident he can get back to his previous levels. He was in the Championship team of the season just a few years ago, the No 4 shirt is unclaimed, and Dalman said something about having a conversation with him and his agent at the right time when asked during the Q&A on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I am pretty sure Mozzer will be given a new contract when he is fit again - provided the club are confident he can get back to his previous levels. He was in the Championship team of the season just a few years ago, the No 4 shirt is unclaimed, and Dalman said something about having a conversation with him and his agent at the right time when asked during the Q&A on YouTube.
    Fingers crossed. With Flint leaving as well it feels like we are short of experience and leadership in there.

I think McGuinness can be a success, not overly impressed with Nelson, yet to see enough to judge on Kipre and nervous about Ng in a two, Denham is decent and may also develop into a decent centre half so still room for improvement in that position

Morrison wasn’t at his best last season, but even so he’s got enough credit in the bank to deserve a chance.