+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mick McCarthy announces Robert Glatzel is up for sale

Re: Mick McCarthy announces Robert Glatzel is up for sale

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Why do I feel like he’s going to end up at a rival and score against us!
    He won't get a transfer to a Championship club.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-20448928

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy has confirmed Robert Glatzel will be placed on the transfer list this summer.
    Maybe that old loon up in Boro will buy him

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Maybe Neil Harris will get a job this summer. He's sure to want to sign the best finisher he's ever worked with.
    That was obviously coach-speak and Glatzel is a good finisher in and around the penalty area. It's his complete lack of pace and inability to win aerial duels or hold the ball up that are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Hoillet , Bamba , Etheridge , NML .
    Pretty average then, all played ok sporadically but hardly consistent, big wages and 1 sell on fee....

He won’t be the first foreigner unable to adapt to the English game and he won’t be the last.

Whilst he did score one or two well struck goals, I felt he scuffed too many chances that did come his way.

His work outside the penalty box was poor, he took too many touches to get the ball under control and wasn’t strong enough for someone of his size.

Seemed like a decent guy though and I wish him well. I think Micks blunt response is uncalled for, it’s not like the guy caused any issues here.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    That was obviously coach-speak and Glatzel is a good finisher in and around the penalty area. It's his complete lack of pace and inability to win aerial duels or hold the ball up that are the problem.
    I think it goes a little beyond your usual "coach-speak". If he'd just said that "in training he's a good finisher" , then fair enough. But to suggest that Glatzel is the best finisher he's ever worked with is, as I suspect, complete nonsense, or it's a sad indictment of all the other strikers he has ever worked with previously.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He won’t be the first foreigner unable to adapt to the English game and he won’t be the last.

Whilst he did score one or two well struck goals, I felt he scuffed too many chances that did come his way.

His work outside the penalty box was poor, he took too many touches to get the ball under control and wasn’t strong enough for someone of his size.

Seemed like a decent guy though and I wish him well. I think Micks blunt response is uncalled for, it’s not like the guy caused any issues here.
    Mick isn't going to look very clever if we can't shift Glatzel before the start of next season.

Mainz beat Bayern Munich 2-1 today. Glatzel was an 80th minute substitute.

Gavin Whyte was an unused sub today as well.

Ideally we need both their current clubs to take them. But makes you wonder if they arent getting selected.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Nice one neil....apart from Reid who he never played and sold almost immediately, did we get any good deals from mr Warnock?
    Hoillett, Bamba, NML.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I think it goes a little beyond your usual "coach-speak". If he'd just said that "in training he's a good finisher" , then fair enough. But to suggest that Glatzel is the best finisher he's ever worked with is, as I suspect, complete nonsense, or it's a sad indictment of all the other strikers he has ever worked with previously.
    Quite.

An absolutely idiotic statement by a truly appalling manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    An absolutely idiotic statement by a truly appalling manager.
    A truly appalling manger who guided City into the play-offs last season and who signed the likes of Kieffer Moore, Perry Ng and Dillon Phillips for very reasonable fees.