+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heisenberg

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They implemented the road closures 2 weeks ago for what good reason I dont know.
    Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I just had a look at a map of the city centre changes and it seems the closures took place on 22 June.

I notice that there is no longer any way of crossing the river Taff in the city centre as both the Castle st bridge and the Wood st bridge are closed to private cars

It seems crazy that our two main city centre roads east to west are closed
    Sorry, I thought it was clear what I meant (as Delmbox asked the same question as me)... The implementation that we're talking about is the 'covered seating area'.

I said "We're still talking about the reasons for closure of Castle Street, I assume" - not the closure itself.

If it's not completed, then surely we don't know whether it's been worth the short-term pain for long-term gain yet (I hate that saying).

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Sorry, I thought it was clear what I meant (as Delmbox asked the same question as me)... The implementation that we're talking about is the 'covered seating area'.

I said "We're still talking about the reasons for closure of Castle Street, I assume" - not the closure itself.

If it's not completed, then surely we don't know whether it's been worth the short-term pain for long-term gain yet (I hate that saying).
    It will never be worth it while it damages the very businesses it is allegedly designed to protect. I think it is enlightening that the council did not consult the businesses concerned nor did they tell them of their plans at all until the Saturday afternoon prior to the sunday morning closing.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It will never be worth it while it damages the very businesses it is allegedly designed to protect
    You may end up right but none of us can say at this stage whether this is true or not