+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Hand of God

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Hand of God

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I disagree, it was the officials who missed the handball in Maradona’s case, they should be getting the flak. Similar situation last Monday, I don’t think many can recall the Morecambe ‘keeper’s name with the punching incident or the player who ‘dived’ for their pen but, quite correctly in my opinion, we all pilloried Bobby Madley for his ineptness. You may as well label nearly everyone who’s played the game a cheat, we’ve all tried to hoodwink a ref and I doubt we’ve held our hands up if we’ve succeeded. I’m sure when I played I’ve had goals allowed when I knew for sure I’d got away with a foul but own up and tell the ref, no chance, as well as myself taking the advantage of a dodgy decision the bollocking from team mates and coaches if I didn’t would, I reckon, be justified.
    that doesn't excuse the fact that Maradona was a cheat

Lineker might be annoying as a pundit but he never got up to that sort of crap

Maradona , Ronaldo , cheats

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

That why I wrote ‘nearly everyone’ but if you trawled through footage of every Lineker goal, and there were plenty, you’ll find one or two dodgy ones that he gladly accepted. Footballers, whether pro or parks, have got to accept every advantage as you can bet your balls there’ll be ones that go against you as well. Can you imagine Thierry Henry telling the ref that he handled before that goal against Ireland? And as for Joe Jordan piping up ‘I cannot tell a lie ref, it was I that handled the ball’ in front of thousands of hyper Jocks at Anfield in ‘77. Imagine being such a gentleman like Lineker that you’d miss a penalty in his final game not to upset Sir Bobby Charlton

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

He was the most cheated against footballer the game has ever seen, he had players out to quite literally finish him.