+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Giles sports ram raid!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Giles sports ram raid!!

Can you remember when JJB Sports in Queens West Arcade had a basketball court in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Can you remember when JJB Sports in Queens West Arcade had a basketball court in it?
    I think that i can. That place died on it's arse. When it first opened, wasn't it all food outlets like spud u like and that kind of thing? The Capitol at the bottom of Queen St is finished as well, like a ghost town.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that i can. That place died on it's arse. When it first opened, wasn't it all food outlets like spud u like and that kind of thing? The Capitol at the bottom of Queen St is finished as well, like a ghost town.
    yeah both had food courts. The Capitol Arcade became a white elephant before Covid, at one time it had massive Virgin music shop, Boots, the food court - it was thriving

Town has been dying retailwise for a while. And now this pandemic is going to ruin it even more. Queen St is phone case shops, christmas pop ups and even has a chip shop on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    yeah both had food courts. The Capitol Arcade became a white elephant before Covid, at one time it had massive Virgin music shop, Boots, the food court - it was thriving

Town has been dying retailwise for a while. And now this pandemic is going to ruin it even more. Queen St is phone case shops, christmas pop ups and even has a chip shop on it!!
    The lack of pubs on Queen St always puzzled me, of course there was the Taff Vale but can’t remember any other traditional type boozers there, a few were dotted about off Queen St like The Marchioness of Bute and The Park Vaults but they weren’t actually on the main drag. There was one on the corner of Station Terrace, The Alexandra which after years under that name eventually became The Pig & Whistle which, in the big picture, didn’t last that long. Wonder why this was when other city centre streets had numerous pubs?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The lack of pubs on Queen St always puzzled me, of course there was the Taff Vale but can’t remember any other traditional type boozers there, a few were dotted about off Queen St like The Marchioness of Bute and The Park Vaults but they weren’t actually on the main drag. There was one on the corner of Station Terrace, The Alexandra which after years under that name eventually became The Pig & Whistle which, in the big picture, didn’t last that long. Wonder why this was when other city centre streets had numerous pubs?
    The Lexington at the bottom of Queen St (Dumfries place) and that god awful night club where the Cinema was. Neither were pubs though.