Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
If the driver for making him available for transfer is a desire to reduce the wage bill, then fair enough (although Tuerto is probably right about the likelihood of us having to pay a portion of his wages in a loan deal). However, if the decision to sell him is down to his ability as a footballer, then I wonder if we’ll get better than him to act as a back up to Keiffer Moore.
This is a really good point. Eric's stats are really interesting and I wish we had managers who took this into consideration. For example, when 5 subs were introduced. Managers could have been far more lateral in their thinking and used their benches to greater effect (I'm thinking an early Arsene Wenger type here). If a manager communicated this effectively, to say, Glatzel and the rest of the team and said you're getting 15-30 minutes at the start and then A.N. Other is coming on, it may well have given us the edge when teams had worked us out and were comfortable playing against us.

I know that everyone thinks pulling a player early on (whether he's scored or not) would be regarded negatively but we had a great opportunity to do try stuff and not many people did (feck my brain's gone today because a manager put 5 on against us recently and I can't remember who it was but it changed the game).

Anyway, I can't fault Glatzels work ethic and I don't know anymore whether I believe he couldn't play in the Championship or whether I've heard it so much I now believe it. It's been so long since I've seen any non-telly football I can't be sure of anything.

Definitely think that A.N.Other never gets a fair crack though!