+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: roaming charges

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: roaming charges

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    when we say its roaming charges, its not like the old days with silly costs

its £2 a day to have roaming ( as you were in the UK with your home allowances / costs etc )

So a 7 day break to Europe, would cost you a extra £14 to use your phone as you would at home
    Isn't it a tenner for 30 days as well , which seems very reasonable ??

Back in the old day wi fi wasn't as far reaching as it is now abroad , or any good, I'm guessing whatt's App via wi fit will be used more to avoid roaming costs and other free sites ?

There is not evidence this wouldn't have happened anyway via discreet increase in monthly plans anyway , those costs were just not exposed as a standalone charge they were sucked into monthly traffic increases.

Its for new customers and perhaps renewals , it would only take one of the operators to brake ranks and not charge and we could see a bidding war .

If the roaming costs were really channelled back in to improving infrastructures within the UK including 5g masts most would accept the £2 , just a beer less a day out of 15

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Back in the old day wi fi wasn't as far reaching as it is now abroad , or any good, I'm guessing whatt's App via wi fit will be used more to avoid roaming costs and other free sites ?

There is not evidence this wouldn't have happened anyway via discreet increase in monthly plans anyway , those costs were just not exposed as a standalone charge they were sucked into monthly traffic increases.

Its for new customers and perhaps renewals , it would only take one of the operators to brake ranks and not charge and we could see a bidding war .

If the roaming costs were really channelled back in to improving infrastructures within the UK including 5g masts most would accept the £2 , just a beer less a day out of 15
    Brake ranks! That’ll stop it

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Indeed it is, i didnt read all the article

Customers travelling to the 47 affected European destinations will also be able to buy 30-day passes for £10 to use their home tariff abroad

lets be honest, a 10'er for a 1 or 2 week holiday isnt a game changer, though i expect people will still moan