+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Train strikes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Train strikes

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I Feel for the passenger's this week, huge levels of disruption. The government have orchestrated this in my opinion. Refused to speak to the unions about pay for 3 years, so I don't see what other choice the unions had. Was a bit worried to see an Rmt official suggesting that these strikes could go til Christmas though. Not sure I can afford to lose 3 days pay a month for that long. Personally I'm hoping a rise of around 4% can be negotiated and we can get back to normal.
    4% is a pitiful amount though, inflation when you include housing, petrol, gas and electric is likely above 20%, possibly even higher. The billionaires get richer but workers get poorer every single year.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    4% is a pitiful amount though, inflation when you include housing, petrol, gas and electric is likely above 20%, possibly even higher. The billionaires get richer but workers get poorer every single year.
    mr lynch getting 20% of 124 thou nice work if you can get it

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    UK official inflation is CPI at 9%, RPI at 11%. This stagflation is bad enough. Should it become hyperinflation then man the lifeboats.