+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Immigration and The NHS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Immigration and The NHS

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Involved in the 2021 one percent pay award to nurses ?

That was Boris

I always laugh when the tories on here try to squirm around the issue of the NHS

The tories have been at it for years Hancock and the previous creep both had interests in private health care companies

Get thee behind me Satan
    I agree 100% rhat they deserve a decent increase but Boris does not decide how much. That is recommended by an independent committee. He did say he didn't think the government could afford more than 1%, trying to influence their decision. But that is not awarding anything.

First Team

Re: Immigration and The NHS

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I agree 100% rhat they deserve a decent increase but Boris does not decide how much. That is recommended by an independent committee. He did say he didn't think the government could afford more than 1%, trying to influence their decision. But that is not awarding anything.
    Oh dear, here we are again. What the NHS Pay Review Body's remit involves is making recommendations that the government can choose to adhere to or ignore. It regularly does the latter.

Here's the 2020 Report Executive Summary: https://assets.publishing.service.go...Accessible.pdf

I'm not taking sides here but effectively the Tories could have said "bugger the recommendations, have a bonus" to thank medical staff for their frontline work during the pandemic. My understanding is there is/was noting legally to stop them doing so.