+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Another example of people jumping in without checking. I have never referred to an article in the guardian any other daily or the BBC, so your outrage at my opinion is entirely wasted.
    My comment was a direct reply to an article posted by TOBW and if you bother to actually read it before you start typing again you may see what I meant. I haven't read any other articles. I only read that one because he referenced it and I clicked on the link. and - - as i said--- whatever the truth Cummings' actions were, at best, questionable.
    So why don't you hilts and the others that said I was wrong in my understanding of the article actually go and read it?
    Yeah that's the one. As you are accusing someone of jumping in without checking then perhaps you can point to the bit where I mentioned the Guardian, any other daily or the BBC. We are both discussing the Spectator article written by Cummings' wife where you seem to think she may have already been in Durham and he drove there to be with them. Anything else is confusion on your part.

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Yeah that's the one. As you are accusing someone of jumping in without checking then perhaps you can point to the bit where I mentioned the Guardian, any other daily or the BBC. We are both discussing the Spectator article written by Cummings' wife where you seem to think she may have already been in Durham and he drove there to be with them. Anything else is confusion on your part.
    I read the article and can't see any reference to where she was. If there is something i missed it. What does it say about her being in London?
    I didn't mean you mentioned the Guardian article just that it had been mentioned.

I read the article and can't see any reference to where she was. If there is something i missed it. What does it say about her being in London?
    I didn't mean you mentioned the Guardian article just that it had been mentioned.
    After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown.

Given what we now know this article looks more like an alibi rather than a truthful explanation of how they bravely fought the virus with only a 4 year old for company. It seems they emerged from quarantine then drove the 264 miles to the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown.

As I say, if you wish to believe that his wife was already in Durham based on the truthfulness or otherwise of his wife's words then that is your right.

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown.

Given what we now know this article looks more like an alibi rather than a truthful explanation of how they bravely fought the virus with only a 4 year old for company. It seems they emerged from quarantine then drove the 264 miles to the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown.

As I say, if you wish to believe that his wife was already in Durham based on the truthfulness or otherwise of his wife's words then that is your right.
    What I asked you was to show me where in that article there is any reference to her being in London, or anywhere else. All the comments to me have referred to her being in London but there is no reference to that in the article and the post by TOBW that I commented on.
    So people are just making assumptions about what I know or what I read. Or is it there in that article?

What I asked you was to show me where in that article there is any reference to her being in London, or anywhere else. All the comments to me have referred to her being in London but there is no reference to that in the article and the post by TOBW that I commented on.
    So people are just making assumptions about what I know or what I read. Or is it there in that article?
    The Guardian started asking No 10 about Cummings being sighted in Durham on 5th April and got blanked and subsequently.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...n-must-address

On April 23rd his wife publishes an ambiguous article in the Spectator. Based on the fact that the article is not explicit about their actions you have read in the possibility that she was already in Durham. No-one seems to have a problem with you believing it though I am sure you will equally value my opinion that the article is post-event poppy-cock written in the knowledge that their actions were being investigated by the press.

Compare the Government Ministers(Gove, Raab and Sunak) responses to those of the resignation of Neil Ferguson (see article below) whose actions were nowhere near as irresponsible as Cummings. Hancock was "speechless" and Brokenshire said "it was an error of judgement and he was right to resign". The PM said that he was right to resign.

Yes we know that there are people breaking the rules everyday like one poster's neighbours. The difference here is that Cummings is a Senior Special adviser, I think they are known as SPADs, to none other than the Prime Minister. He knew the rules better than most and was, in all probability the architect of "Stay Home;Save Lives Protect the NHS" (He likes a slogan does Cummings eg Let's take back control. Get Brexit done) Ferguson did the right thing. So should Cummings. Let's see what happens but there is already evidence of dual standards in play here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...er-coronavirus

I thought there was something about it being his parents home and they stayed in a separate building? However, I accept that what you say about her being up there may be true, given how the Guardian article reads (though I must say that the bit about emerging from quarantine into London uncertainty in her article makes little sense if she was in Durham all the time), so, if she ever gets to read what I said about her, I apologise for getting it wrong. The Guardian article says he has a home in London though and at the end of March when we were just into lockdown that had to be his designated home if he was based in London, not whatever the place in Durham is/was. I'd have a bit more sympathy for what he did if he was going back to be with his family, but it's still worse than what others who chose to resign did if it is really as you claim.