+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Portsmouth tickets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Portsmouth tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Where did it all go wrong?
    Has it all gone wrong? Or do Championship clubs like Cardiff treat League Cup ties as reserve matches for no apparent reason?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Has it all gone wrong? Or do Championship clubs like Cardiff treat League Cup ties as reserve matches for no apparent reason?
    I think Championship clubs treat League Cup ties as reserve matches for no apparent reason. It's a shame, I still get excited about cup games. It's the cool thing to sh*t on them these days. I'm looking forward to tonight.

Forest took them seriously last season and scalped a few. I think it helped them from a psychological point of view in the league in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think Championship clubs treat League Cup ties as reserve matches for no apparent reason. It's a shame, I still get excited about cup games. It's the cool thing to sh*t on them these days. I'm looking forward to tonight.

Forest took them seriously last season and scalped a few. I think it helped them from a psychological point of view in the league in the end.
    Completely agree with this. This tweet was near the top of my feed this morning...

https://twitter.com/DanCCFC_/status/...C9pd2-nZorAAAA

...and the amount of likes and people agreeing with it enforces your point that it's cool to sh*t on cup ties. Frustrates the f*ck out of me to be honest- I'm not sure if these 'fans' are too young to remember 2012 or 2008, but they were fun times that we should be doing our all to get back to.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Completely agree with this. This tweet was near the top of my feed this morning...

...and the amount of likes and people agreeing with it enforces your point that it's cool to sh*t on cup ties. Frustrates the f*ck out of me to be honest- I'm not sure if these 'fans' are too young to remember 2012 or 2008, but they were fun times that we should be doing our all to get back to.
    Totally agree.

I also think it's counter-productive personally. Whilst theoretically more games can lead to more injuries and more tiredness etc, winning teams also help to build momentum and fan interest. Our recent cup games have been dire, played before 4-5000 and losing. Does no good at all.

I would make a few changes, but otherwise send a strong team out against Pompey and try and make a go of a decent cup run.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Totally agree.

I also think it's counter-productive personally. Whilst theoretically more games can lead to more injuries and more tiredness etc, winning teams also help to build momentum and fan interest. Our recent cup games have been dire, played before 4-5000 and losing. Does no good at all.

I would make a few changes, but otherwise send a strong team out against Pompey and try and make a go of a decent cup run.
    Definitely- make it a springboard for a positive season as opposed to seeing it as a negative.

Just had an email from the club saying there's a match on and there's still time to secure tickets for tonight. Fire their Marketing Director and sales team and start again with a fresh approach!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Just had an email from the club saying there's a match on and there's still time to secure tickets for tonight. Fire their Marketing Director and sales team and start again with a fresh approach!
    Fancy a job share? We'd smash it I'm sure!

Fancy a job share? We'd smash it I'm sure!
    Job sharing is the future. You've won me over!