+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WAG to take over control of trains confirmed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: WAG to take over control of trains confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Public private partnership can work. To be honest, I dont really care, as long as good services are delivered.
    So you're happy for public sector involvement, just not public sector workers being involved.

Glad that's cleared that one up......

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So you're happy for public sector involvement, just not public sector workers being involved.

Glad that's cleared that one up......
    you need to read what was written. I have said that the trading company should be run by those who have experience in business, whereas the public sector needs to be kept at arms length with any interaction as a shareholder only.

Perhaps if you were familiar with company law you'd understand how the directors of a company are the trustees of a company acting on behalf if its shareholders, for the shareholders, meeting the shareholders requirements. The problems start when you have politicians and civil servants, who have little or no experience of running a business, get involved.

leave the running of the business to its experienced managers, and allow the public sector to provide oversight as shareholders.

it doesn't happen though, politicians like to get involved and that is when things go awry.

you need to read what was written. I have said that the trading company should be run by those who have experience in business, whereas the public sector needs to be kept at arms length with any interaction as a shareholder only.

Perhaps if you were familiar with company law you'd understand how the directors of a company are the trustees of a company acting on behalf if its shareholders, for the shareholders, meeting the shareholders requirements. The problems start when you have politicians and civil servants, who have little or no experience of running a business, get involved.

leave the running of the business to its experienced managers, and allow the public sector to provide oversight as shareholders.

it doesn't happen though, politicians like to get involved and that is when things go awry.
    You've not moved on in the last decade have you, this was the sort of tired old stuff you used to come out with in your Feedback days.

Changing the subject completely as they used to say in Yes (Prime) Minister, did you see that the UK Government's dogma driven test and trace programme had yet another worst ever week? I think its success rate is down to the low sixties now when it needs to be at least eighty, good news for Serco's shareholders then I presume .

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You've not moved on in the last decade have you, this was the sort of tired old stuff you used to come out with in your Feedback days.
    don't read it then, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Changing the subject completely as they used to say in Yes (Prime) Minister, did you see that the UK Government's dogma driven test and trace programme had yet another worst ever week? I think its success rate is down to the low sixties now when it needs to be at least eighty, good news for Serco's shareholders then I presume .
    what is your point? the government have messed up. Well colour me shocked.

don't read it then, simple.

what is your point? the government have messed up. Well colour me shocked.
    The point was there in my use of the word "dogma". You've taken up a good portion of this thread dissing public servants, so I thought I'd even things up a little, by mentioning a case where the private sector with their "business expertise" and need to satisfy their shareholders have proved to be nowhere near as effective as their public sector counterparts despite having nearly 500 times more Government money than the combined total of what it would have taken to feed schoolchildren during holidays and the difference between was offered and what Manchester wanted thrown at it.