+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new Beatles film/series

The new Beatles film/series

Anyone watching? Quite fascinating to see how they compile their songs, some very famous ones with music but not the lyrics on yet. Quite surprising to see how quiet JL is also, macca and George doing most of the talking and sorting it out in the studio. JL happy to go along with stuff, maybe he’s just so stoned he doesn’t care but you can see why they made such an amazing collaboration. Genius.

Re: The new Beatles film/series

Not many Beatles fans on here?? Or just not many got Disney+?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not many Beatles fans on here?? Or just not many got Disney+?
    Cheers for the heads up butt. Didn't realise it was had it on Disney+, gonna give it a whirl now.

Looking forward to setting some time aside to watch it without interruption.

Anyone watching? Quite fascinating to see how they compile their songs, some very famous ones with music but not the lyrics on yet. Quite surprising to see how quiet JL is also, macca and George doing most of the talking and sorting it out in the studio. JL happy to go along with stuff, maybe he’s just so stoned he doesn’t care but you can see why they made such an amazing collaboration. Genius.
    Not sure if John Lennon’s heart was really in it by the time it got Let it Be.

The Beatles have been well documented over the last 50 years and I know the story, bit sick of it if I’m honest.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Looking forward to setting some time aside to watch it without interruption.
    You'll need about 8 hours

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You'll need about 8 hours
    Oh I could watch The Fab Four for eight days a week

I saw it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    The Beatles have been well documented over the last 50 years and I know the story, bit sick of it if I’m honest.
    I recall watching that 6 part series on tv about 20 years ago, the anthology was it? That was good but I think this is just covering the live recording of the album as they constructed it over two weeks…..

In st david’s hall this Friday also if you want to see them in the flesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I saw it yesterday.
    I'm going to wait till the paperback comes out.

I hear they have advertised for a writer

I recall watching that 6 part series on tv about 20 years ago, the anthology was it? That was good but I think this is just covering the live recording of the album as they constructed it over two weeks…..
    So they’ve made a series and stretched it to 8 hours, can’t see it throwing up anything we don’t know.

Well, you say goodbye, I'll say hello

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Well, you say goodbye, I'll say hello
    Hey Bungalow Bob

So they’ve made a series and stretched it to 8 hours, can’t see it throwing up anything we don’t know.
    Tell Me Why you say that, you need Help if you can’t find Something new, I reckon it may throw up unknown anecdotes Here, There and Everwhere.

There was certainly something about them.

Can't see the point of watching 463 minutes of film when you can see 365 x 1min 14secs segments of it on Youtube

Oh Darling, don't be like that!

You can't do that

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure if John Lennon’s heart was really in it by the time it got Let it Be.
    I've seen about 1/2 an hour of it and, just by seeing how close Yoko was sat to them rehearsing, you could see how much of an influence she was over John Lennon.

I think John Lennon seems quite into it. Especially once they get to Apple. Going out to Twickenham every day seems like a pain in the arse. What's crazy to me is that they have such little time to write and record and they spend so much time just having a laugh and jamming old rock and roll songs.

Surely you didn’t expect some new info about them?
    I’m just happy to see how they function and work together to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I've seen about 1/2 an hour of it and, just by seeing how close Yoko was sat to them rehearsing, you could see how much of an influence she was over John Lennon.
    She’s like the girl who’d always be over Pontcanna or The Racecourse all on her own on the touchline watching her boyfriend play. Then be sat with him in the pub/club straight after the game like a spare prick at a wedding. John should have told her he was at work and she should piss off, how were the others so tolerant?

They made a 6 hour fly on the wall documentary from 60 hours of footage. There is most definitely and undeniably things you didn't know and things you've never seen before in this film.