Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
Your comments about Boris are appropriate. He's proving to be a bit of a showman and not just with Covid. Im not sure that Drakeford is any better overall with his cautious approach and some decisions are questionable to say the least. You know my views on the 5 mile rule, then there is the reluctance to make masks compulsory in shops in Wales, and passive approach to testing and T&Trace.

People on this board often say that they prefer our cautious approach and in the end the results are better. You can prove anything with statistics, but comparing results of 5% of the UK population v 80% of the UK population one has to show an outstanding difference in results for it to be valid. And we can't.

An example of the magnitude of this is England's 'local lockdown' in Greater Manchester and surrounds which actually covers more people than the population of Wales.

Good luck with the season ticket. At my ripe old age I wanted to defer, but my son who sits next to me is not allowed to do the same, so we both decided to wait a while and hopefully get half season tickets if the virus is 'on the run' by year end.
as you say Wales has 5% of the population, but only 3.3% of the deaths definitely does show a significant difference, these are not small sample sizes we are talking about.
A t test or similar should show that very easily