+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Emiliano Sala ... what next?

Does Henderson's guilty verdict have any bearing on the transfer fee?

Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

Possibly.
    Next will be the inquest into Sala's death in the new year, then the case moves to the Court of Arbitration in the spring.

Dalman said that case established a link from the pilot to Henderson to McKay to Nantes i.e no City involvement in organising the flight. So, if CAS proceedings go against the City we can sue Nantes for negligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Does Henderson's guilty verdict have any bearing on the transfer fee?
    I don't see why it would

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Dalman said that case established a link from the pilot to Henderson to McKay to Nantes i.e no City involvement in organising the flight. So, if CAS proceedings go against the City we can sue Nantes for negligence.
    I wish people stop blaming mckay

Bit of role play here, I'm a player you're my agent

I say to you "Enoch,sort me out a flight bruv to France for weekend "

You say "OK nuge leave it with me"

You ring around for quotes...

Airline "hello how can I help"

Agent Enoch " how much for a flight next weekend to france"

Airline " we can do it for £x"

Agent Enoch " fantastic that , we'll have that"

Airline "long card number please"

Etc etc etc

AND NO POINT WOULD AGENT ENOCH OR ANYONE ELSE ASK

"By the way are all your pilots qualified?"

DONT TALK SO BLOODY WET MUN

Don't matter whether it's a plane , taxi, train or Thai tuk tuk, you place your trust in the system that they are qualified , insured and therby operating by the rules .

Bloody agents fault my ars e

Banned

Nobody else will be guilty of anything here now.

Not cardiff, not Nantes, not agent.

There's no guilt on anyone who booked flight , same as if the player himself booked it like a normal person would.
    It's only cos he's famous he left it to someone else anyway

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post

Etc etc etc

Don't matter whether it's a plane , taxi, train or Thai tuk tuk, you place your trust in the system that they are qualified , insured and therby operating by the rules .

Blimey, it’s a bit early in the morning for going off on one. I thought I was just quoting Mehmet Dalman who was constructing an argument to point the finger at Nantes not McKay.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Blimey, it’s a bit early in the morning for going off on one. I thought I was just quoting Mehmet Dalman who was constructing an argument to point the finger at Nantes not McKay.
    & your logic is right, in as much as City are trying to reaffirm the linkage to Nantes. City said at the time they had offered commercial flights which were declined. That’s the crux of their argument, someone else organised the flights, who? Nugents also right, no one else will be found guilty, it’s not about guilt but association.

Etc etc etc

Because, of course, agent Enoch would never have had cause to use the "Airline" before would he? I agree McKay will probably not face charges, but he knew the score I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    & your logic is right, in as much as City are trying to reaffirm the linkage to Nantes. City said at the time they had offered commercial flights which were declined. That’s the crux of their argument, someone else organised the flights, who? Nugents also right, no one else will be found guilty, it’s not about guilt but association.
    Not my logic, that of Mehmet Dalman. It is he who I was quoting. His point has always been that the club spent £15m on a player, someone else other than the club organised a flight and It ended in tragedy through illegal/negligent arrangements and he or Vincent Tan doesn’t think we should pay out.. in respect of the very dubious food chain that Dalman outlined the only one with.any means is Nantes hence they being the target in a Plan B if the CAS case fails.

I wonder to what extent this is bluster. If we lose the CAS proceedings will VT want to continue the process ? Would a case against Nantes succeed ? They would probably point the finger at McKay or Henderson. I’m no legal expert but it sounds messy. With the Isaacs and Hammam cases will the club have litigation burn out ? We must be spending a fortune on legal fees. Will it be more difficult for Tan to sell the club with a £15m lawsuit hanging over it ? Or, is Tan so cussed that he feels swindled and would pursue litigation to the nth degree? Who knows?

If only VT had said no to Colin and backed up the other members of the transfer committee.

I think its simpler to say if I ordered you a taxi and you ended up in a crash, and it turns out the taxi driver has an expired licence and the car was faulty then its the company's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Because, of course, agent Enoch would never have had cause to use the "Airline" before would he? I agree McKay will probably not face charges, but he knew the score I'm sure.
    There's a YouTube video on another post about the flight and apparently these "grey" flights are somewhat commonplace in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's a YouTube video on another post about the flight and apparently these "grey" flights are somewhat commonplace in sports.
    You mean to say there is another thread about this very topic....always the joker, get out of here!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Once U shop, U can't stop View Post
    I think its simpler to say if I ordered you a taxi and you ended up in a crash, and it turns out the taxi driver has an expired licence and the car was faulty then its the company's fault.
    You've got it one fella.
    You and I know the simple version

But for some reason, the forums and Facebooks and twitter are full of blaming mckay .
    I can't get my head round it tbh.

Etc etc etc

Not quite right.... Cardiff CFC offered Sala a scheduled flight to Cardiff and he apparently turned it down because he wanted more time in Nantes to say goodbye to friends.

Nantes agent then stepped in, no doubt keen to get the transfer deal done..the rest, as they say, is history

You've got it one fella.

But for some reason, the forums and Facebooks and twitter are full of blaming mckay .
    I think that Mckay was trying to get things done on the cheap and wanted it all pushed along, he might have even known that Henderson was a bit bent. None of that matters though as it wasn't down to Mckay to make sure that the plane was in serviceable condition or that the person flying it was not up to standard. He sounds like a very dodgy character, but that's all he seems to be. There's no blame at his door as far as i can see. And we will end up paying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that Mckay was trying to get things done on the cheap and wanted it all pushed along, he might have even known that Henderson was a bit bent. None of that matters though as it wasn't down to Mckay to make sure that the plane was in serviceable condition or that the person flying it was not up to standard. He sounds like a very dodgy character, but that's all he seems to be. There's no blame at his door as far as i can see. And we will end up paying.
    Why was he, as you say "trying to get things done on the cheap"?
    What inside knowledge do you have of this transaction now?
    This I gotta hear

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Not quite right.... Cardiff CFC offered Sala a scheduled flight to Cardiff and he apparently turned it down because he wanted more time in Nantes to say goodbye to friends.

Nantes agent then stepped in, no doubt keen to get the transfer deal done..the rest, as they say, is history
    Again, another insider with knowledge of the transaction.
    However, I put it to you, could it have gone down like this...
    Sala "I want to go to France to say ta ra to the boys"

Cardiff 'we'll sort you a flight no problem , but the last flight out of Nantes is the 00.00 to Heathrow on Saturday"

Sala " nah, I want more time than that, I'll sort a flight with my agent"

The one thing that everyone is overlooking, is the fact this flight was the players decision, just like all of us in work, our employer got no control over us 7 days a week.
    Your days off are your days off.

If I want to go to London for the weekend with my missus , no ones to blame if things go wrong.
    Unless of course there's someone without a licence driving me about .

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Hey T,
    Ya slippin.
    Youse usually see the whoosh

Cardiff 'we'll sort you a flight no problem , but the last flight out of Nantes is the 00.00 to Heathrow on Saturday"

The one thing that everyone is overlooking, is the fact this flight was the players decision, just like all of us in work, our employer got no control over us 7 days a week.

If I want to go to London for the weekend with my missus , no ones to blame if things go wrong.
    How silly of me to think that because Sala was doing his own thing in his own time that when he got to Cardiff he'd have to find a taxi to the hotel he personally had booked, just like we would if we were on our days off.
    But Cardiff CFC had someone waiting for his arrival at the airport, the club had accommodation booked for him and he was set to train with the team the next day.
    This was business, not pleasure

Only he didn't say that did he.

A commercial flight was on the table from Cardiff but McKay's son (Jack I think) who was on Cardiff's books with the u23s approached Sala on his father's (or brother's - as his father was disqualified as an agent!) behalf to offer a private flight both ways.

Sala didn't initiate it and neither did his agent. But he accepted the McKay offer.

McKay had been acting for Nantes in the transfer. Hard to make the case that Nantes are in some way responsible for the fatal flight - unless they asked McKay to arrange it which has never been suggested.

However, there does appear to be a case that the transfer documentation was incomplete and needed to be revised at the time of the tragedy - and that Sala was still at that point an Nantes player (whatever FIFA decided in their hearing). CAS will decide that one.

Why was he, as you say "trying to get things done on the cheap"?
    What inside knowledge do you have of this transaction now?
    This I gotta hear
    'I think' therefore my opinion, not fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Once U shop, U can't stop View Post
    Hey T,
    Ya slippin.
    Youse usually see the whoosh
    I didn't see it

You've got it one fella.

As a starter for 10:

https://www.caa.co.uk/Consumers/Guid...ight-is-legal/

" If you knowingly use an illegal operator you may also be breaking the law and could be prosecuted."

It is not a taxi. There is more going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    As a starter for 10:

https://www.caa.co.uk/Consumers/Guid...ight-is-legal/

" If you knowingly use an illegal operator you may also be breaking the law and could be prosecuted."

It is not a taxi. There is more going on here.
    I can’t listen to that taxi analogy any more!