+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Callum Paterson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Callum Paterson

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    if we were serious about being a side challenging for promotion, he was not the answer to any of the questions
    I get why people don't rate Paterson but I don't understand this - he was the top scorer in a side that won automatic promotion 3 years ago (and he was out injured for half that season as well)!

That was also the last time he was used effectively by any of our managers. It's clear that he wasn't - and isn't - a striker. But as an attacking centre midfielder bursting into the box and getting on the end of crosses, he was brilliant. One of those players with a natural knack of being in the right place at the right time. Unfortunately he spent the next two years with his back to goal doing nobody any favors.

I'll also venture that he was the most instinctive finisher we've had here since Chopra.

Re: Callum Paterson

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    I get why people don't rate Paterson but I don't understand this - he was the top scorer in a side that won automatic promotion 3 years ago (and he was out injured for half that season as well)!

That was also the last time he was used effectively by any of our managers. It's clear that he wasn't - and isn't - a striker. But as an attacking centre midfielder bursting into the box and getting on the end of crosses, he was brilliant. One of those players with a natural knack of being in the right place at the right time. Unfortunately he spent the next two years with his back to goal doing nobody any favors.

I'll also venture that he was the most instinctive finisher we've had here since Chopra.
    WHAT?