+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lost enthusiasm for the season?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lost enthusiasm for the season?

I always say that 14/15 (the season after relegation first time around) is the dullest by a mile in recent seasons, but, thinking back, we had managed some good home performances by the of October then and, although 14/15 got worse as the months went by, I'd say that the first third of this season has been duller than the first third of 14/15 was.

Is this just because the football is duller or is there also a feeling from supporters that they should be getting something better because of the club's situation? For me, it is definitely a bit of the latter, but I would argue that, having received the huge boost to the club's finances promotion brings on a couple of occasions now, it is reasonable for us to expect better from the manager, team and club now both in terms of results and the level of performance from the players.

I completely disagree with the suggestion in this thread that registering your dissatisfaction with the situation in some way is sulking - it's perfectly reasonable in my book to feel deflated after many of our recent games. We were promised a "right go" at promotion, does anyone believe that is what we're getting - it's little wonder people are losing enthusiasm, from memory, season ticket sales fell by something like 30 per cent for 15/16 and we're heading for more of the same for 20/21.

Re: Lost enthusiasm for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I always say that 14/15 (the season after relegation first time around) is the dullest by a mile in recent seasons, but, thinking back, we had managed some good home performances by the of October then and, although 14/15 got worse as the months went by, I'd say that the first third of this season has been duller than the first third of 14/15 was.

Is this just because the football is duller or is there also a feeling from supporters that they should be getting something better because of the club's situation? For me, it is definitely a bit of the latter, but I would argue that, having received the huge boost to the club's finances promotion brings on a couple of occasions now, it is reasonable for us to expect better from the manager, team and club now both in terms of results and the level of performance from the players.

I completely disagree with the suggestion in this thread that registering your dissatisfaction with the situation in some way is sulking - it's perfectly reasonable in my book to feel deflated after many of our recent games. We were promised a "right go" at promotion, does anyone believe that is what we're getting - it's little wonder people are losing enthusiasm, from memory, season ticket sales fell by something like 30 per cent for 15/16 and we're heading for more of the same for 20/21.
    The biggest problem for me is the style of football we play, or lack of. Warnock sets out like that because he has absolutely zero belief in taking teams on or allowing players to be creative in the right areas. Long balls from the back and hopeful crosses to nobody is about as good as it gets, Midfield players having zero options. All that Warnock relies on is his wingers, if that doesn't work then there is nothing. Fans should feel insulted by what Warnock is producing. People talk about it being akin to 80's football, it isn't, it has a category of it's own and it doesn't belong at our club