+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great to see the UK leading

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Great to see the UK leading

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    he's right in that labour are finished , its 2021 more people vote against the tories than vote for them , we have to unite
    That's right but that's not the statistic that counts. More people voted Tory than Labour. The only way to change that is to change the voting system along the lines of the BREXIT referendum but even then the Tories would be the most likely Party to win. However, Labour supporters shouldn't give up on Labour just yet as the political landscape may well change in 4 years time especially if Johnson remains in post.

Re: Great to see the UK leading

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    That's right but that's not the statistic that counts. More people voted Tory than Labour. The only way to change that is to change the voting system along the lines of the BREXIT referendum but even then the Tories would be the most likely Party to win. However, Labour supporters shouldn't give up on Labour just yet as the political landscape may well change in 4 years time especially if Johnson remains in post.
    I'd like to see a non-tory coalition next election and a vote for some kind of electoral change, I don't think a Labour majority would lead to that. Sludge is right, Brexit aside, 2019 was the first election where I think the majority of people voting against something rather than for it, FPTP is responsible. I voted against electoral change the last time we were asked and regret it. People argue that under a different system you wouldn't have elected local representation but I would challenge that they don't really do much for the people that put them there, majority of MPs far more attached to HQ than their local communities now.