+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boxing-Warrington v Lara

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Boxing-Warrington v Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I work with someone who was part of Selby's team at that time, and he reckons that the abuse they took was beyond just a bit of hostility etc, some of it racist as well.
    Warrington’s team (including his old man) seemed a bit scummy to say the least.
    I was really upset that Lee lost that.
    The weight did him I think.

I’m also really upset that Andrew didn’t stick with it as he seemed to have even more promise than Lee.

Re: Boxing-Warrington v Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Warrington’s team (including his old man) seemed a bit scummy to say the least.
    I was really upset that Lee lost that.
    The weight did him I think.

I’m also really upset that Andrew didn’t stick with it as he seemed to have even more promise than Lee.
    Apparently, Selby didn't eat hardly anything for three days before the weigh in. He would put food in his mouth, chew it, then spit it out. He was completely weight drained and sort of knew that it was going to be a difficult night, it was a very good pay day though, and i think that's why he waited to take the fight, when he probably should've moved up in weight before he met the space raider. Agree about Andrew, excellent boxer, not such great living though, apparently.