+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glastonbury

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Glastonbury

Saw Arthur Lee and Love from a 2003 set. It was absolutely wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That was one of my highlights too, that guy was a legend, good mates with Hendrix back in the day. Saw him a few times touring back then. beautiful sunny eve that was. Did 4 of them in the 00’s....Loads of mates there and a crew from Cardiff running part of one field. Lost vagueness.....I’m not sure of some of the stuff that went in there and bands I saw live are still coming back to me now watching the highlights, like Jimmy Cliff in his yellow suit, totally forgot I’d seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    That was one of my highlights too, that guy was a legend, good mates with Hendrix back in the day. Saw him a few times touring back then. beautiful sunny eve that was. Did 4 of them in the 00’s....Loads of mates there and a crew from Cardiff running part of one field. Lost vagueness.....I’m not sure of some of the stuff that went in there and bands I saw live are still coming back to me now watching the highlights, like Jimmy Cliff in his yellow suit, totally forgot I’d seen him.
    Brilliant that you saw him live. I only saw the set on tv on Friday night. I didn’t even know he had done Glasto. He was dreadfully unlucky in life. He should have been a huge star. Forever Changes is pretty much my favourite album. It’s now regarded as a classic but frankly it’s a bit late.

Brilliant that you saw him live. I only saw the set on tv on Friday night. I didn’t even know he had done Glasto. He was dreadfully unlucky in life. He should have been a huge star. Forever Changes is pretty much my favourite album. It’s now regarded as a classic but frankly it’s a bit late.
    He did live a crazy life. Can’t believe he spent so much of it in Jail, 3 strikes rule I believe....unreal. Then he gets out and starts touring and gets diagnosed with Cancer, died soon after. Gutted. I’ll never forget that sunny afternoon watching him there. The Theckla gig in Bristol he did before Glastonbury was probably even better mind as I was stood right in front of him the whole gig. My ex misses best mate gave me forever changes on original vinyl around this time....timeless....

He did live a crazy life. Can’t believe he spent so much of it in Jail, 3 strikes rule I believe....unreal. Then he gets out and starts touring and gets diagnosed with Cancer, died soon after. Gutted. I’ll never forget that sunny afternoon watching him there. The Theckla gig in Bristol he did before Glastonbury was probably even better mind as I was stood right in front of him the whole gig. My ex misses best mate gave me forever changes on original vinyl around this time....timeless....
    When he did the five year stint in prison it was for an offence somebody else eventually admitted to.
    Now the annoying thing is I bought Forever Changes 40 years ago as a school friend had asked me to listen to his copy and I loved it but whilst I still have the album cover I cannot find the vinyl itself. As you say it’s timeless.

Cheers for the memory jog, got Forever Changes on now, fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

Out there and comes in colours are also very good

Out there and comes in colours are also very good
    When he played Orange Skies in New York, I cried.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post