+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Very clever (as expected) ...The vast majority perhaps . They are going to open the doors and contaminate another group of people.
    Then close them and deal with the sick
    Do you disagree with that ? Until the vast majority have caught the virus.
    I think if that happens unless it’s done ridiculously slowly we would end up with too many deaths.

How many have it now? 1% of the population? 5%?

We’ve already had 4000 deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think if that happens unless it’s done ridiculously slowly we would end up with too many deaths.

The only figures they are giving is for people tested , when we cant test the people in the front line ,our NHS workers , then , the figures mean nothing.
    I remember them saying one person could contaminate 400 people in a very short period , it gives an idea how far out the figures are.

Banned

The most recent estimate I have seen is 2.7% of the population.

We need the anti-body test.

The vaccine will come after so called herd immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    The most recent estimate I have seen is 2.7% of the population.

We need the anti-body test.

The vaccine will come after so called herd immunity.
    I hope you are right. but latest figures as of Saturday indicates that South Wales could be a hot spot for Covid-19

In England on Saturday the health authority with most cases was Birmingham 1138 cases and a population in the authority of 1.1 m. Approx 1 cases per 1000 population
    Cardiff and Vale with a population of approx 495,000 had 723 cases as of Saturday, equivalent to 1 per 684 of the population. If you include todays figures we are 1 case in approx 500....ie in a CCFC stadium of 20,000 fans 40 people would have it....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I hope you are right. but latest figures as of Saturday indicates that South Wales could be a hot spot for Covid-19

In England on Saturday the health authority with most cases was Birmingham 1138 cases and a population in the authority of 1.1 m. Approx 1 cases per 1000 population
    Cardiff and Vale with a population of approx 495,000 had 723 cases as of Saturday, equivalent to 1 per 684 of the population. If you include todays figures we are 1 case in approx 500....ie in a CCFC stadium of 20,000 fans 40 people would have it....
    These are recorded cases. Example, I develop a cough. I stay home. I get better. I had covid-19. I am not counted in your figure.

Example. I have no symptoms. But, I do have covid-19. I am not counted in these figures.

There are complex models that will have a degree of accuracy in terms of number of people infected - the one I saw last week said 2.7%. I would suggest that is more accurate than the figures you are quoting. Do you really think only 1138 people in Birmingham have had it?

I've read they think 10% of the population has had it, if so there is a hell of a way to go?

Originally with the herd immunity theory they talked of 60% of the population getting it, mainly children and workers, it would bring it to a halt?

It seems a bit low to me but we certainly won't get to 100%.

I had proper flu twice in my life I think, other corona virus like the common cold people get more often I guess....