+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UPDATED: Wolves recall Ryan Giles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Telegraph saying Wolves might recall Giles

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The system hasn't worked all season, we aren't well suited to it and the only player we had that was has now gone
    MM destroyed the squad, I don’t see how we have players to fit anything other than wingbacks to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    MM destroyed the squad, I don’t see how we have players to fit anything other than wingbacks to be honest.
    We had to cut costs, I don't really blame MM. I still blame Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We had to cut costs, I don't really blame MM. I still blame Warnock
    Yes we had to make cut backs and Warnock takes his fair share of the blame but MM left us with no width at all and in the squad and the brought in a midfielder to loan out. I think another manager even Warnock would have made more of an effort to get players out on loan and other back in positions we needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Yes we had to make cut backs and Warnock takes his fair share of the blame but MM left us with no width at all and in the squad and the brought in a midfielder to loan out. I think another manager even Warnock would have made more of an effort to get players out on loan and other back in positions we needed.
    We were playing a system where the wingbacks provide the width - we had Giles and Bagan on the left and Ng and Sang on the right,
    OK MM did lose the plot when we went on a bad run and he started to play centre backs out there, but if we had players like murphy still here we would need to play him as a striker or a number 10 in this system, and Im not sure that's his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We were playing a system where the wingbacks provide the width - we had Giles and Bagan on the left and Ng and Sang on the right,
    OK MM did lose the plot when we went on a bad run and he started to play centre backs out there, but if we had players like murphy still here we would need to play him as a striker or a number 10 in this system, and Im not sure that's his game.
    MM would never have played Giles at wingback he was far to cautious. It was brown or Bagan.
    The issue was that he put everything on wingbacks working, we had no options to change it from the start or from the bench.

I still think Whyte would be useful as a wingback. Issue is squad needs so much now and we have little to no money to try and fix it. Morison is going to have to be clever.