Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
Are you watching the news conference Bob?

Once again Van Tam is showing that he is head and shoulders above any politician in this country at presenting this sort of news

He is as usual calm precise and clear'

I agree that this particular point about the blood clotting is nothing to do with Europeans getting at us. From all I have heard from various scientists in the UK about what normally happens in these situations these countries were probably too cautious in having a complete ban on such little evidence but I don't think there was anything political in it

However some of the EU's earlier tactics ( eg Macron saying that the Astra Zeneca vaccine was "quasi ineffective" in the over 65's and other French ministers sneering at us because we were allowing a 12 week instead of a 4 week gap and thus delaying getting our population fully vaccinated ) plus of course the heavy handedness of the EU commission when they were trying to hide their own procrastination in sorting our the vaccines in the summer of last year rather poisoned the atmosphere which played into the hands of those in this country. It was all completely unnecessary in my view but we are where we areears

How much those earlier tactics were getting back as us for Brexit will probably keep political commentators and historians going for years.
Didn’t see the conference, but I agree about Van Tam. The EU cocked up for sure, but the concerns about the vaccine were genuine it would appear, so some of the jingoistic we were seeing about a fortnight ago in some sections of the media was misplaced as well as childish