+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eddie Howe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Eddie Howe

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Vincent Tan made his money through dodgy government deals. He's also lost a ton of it. Whether you buy into it or not, it's pretty obvious that Tan had no idea about the game, the league, players, agents, the fanbase etc etc.
    Best chairman we've ever had, whatever the alleged dodgy deals ( love to see the evidence) , yes he was nieve , however he has stayed loyal unlike a lot of other foreign owners who have used clubs , and then dumped and destroyed them .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Best chairman we've ever had, whatever the alleged dodgy deals ( love to see the evidence) , yes he was nieve , however he has stayed loyal unlike a lot of other foreign owners who have used clubs , and then dumped and destroyed them .
    When you say "unlike a lot of other foreign owners" which do you have in mind? Portsmouth, Wigan and Bolton come to mind, but that isn't a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I don't know what his deal is but I don't think he has much regard for "the club" , or more to the point, the fans that make the club what it is.

Maybe he has learnt his lesson, but I don't think loyal is the right word. I think he is determined or maybe likes the idea of owning a team in the English league. I think it's more of a prestige thing and a bloody mindedness to prove he can be a successful owner.

If he ends up consolidating the debts and gets the club on an even keel then plaudits to him and respect has to be given. I guess that remains to be seen though.

In the meantime, maybe throwing money at the problem is not the answer, but can you imagine what might have been achieved had he employed someone to overlook a long-term ambition for the club's structure, on and off the field, when he first arrived.

A decade on and he still hasn't had the nouse to get someone in to manage this side of the things. If financial restrictions mean you can't do it quickly , that doesn't mean that you can't do it at all. However, employing unremarkable managers to take care of the entire running of on-field affairs is probably not the way forward.