+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's funny Noam used to be the video go to guy for the free thinkers on here when he was trashing the EU, passing on his views about media manipulation or giving Andrew Marr a difficult time.

He turns on Trump and all of a sudden he is clearly gaga!
    Chomsky was essential reading regarding the news media, but he now seems to have succumbed to the same fake news he was warning everybody about!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Chomsky was essential reading regarding the news media, but he now seems to have succumbed to the same fake news he was warning everybody about!
    Yes, that must be the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    They're certainly strict in the Trump Devotee Squad. One false move and you're out. Total obedience or nothing

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He's just regurgitating the most popularity talking points from CNN, Washington Post, and the New York Times, while forgetting that he is the great Noam Chomsky of Manufacturing Consent fame.

You mean he was right when you agreed with him, but now you don't he's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You mean he was right when you agreed with him, but now you don't he's wrong?
    Not at all, Chomsky was fundamental in changing the way I view the media. I saw through all the anti-Trump media rhetoric, so I was wondering why Chomsky allowed himself to be influenced by all the fake news, or maybe it was just a simple political decision to run with it?

Not at all, Chomsky was fundamental in changing the way I view the media. I saw through all the anti-Trump media rhetoric, so I was wondering why Chomsky allowed himself to be influenced by all the fake news, or maybe it was just a simple political decision to run with it?