I was just saying in an e-mail that this season has produced three home games that kids who were there to see them will be telling their grandchildren about in fifty years time. Swansea, Ipswich and Southampton were memorable games, but what else has been exciting or memorable about our home season? Colwill’s goal against the wurzels I suppose, but that’s about it I reckon. In fact, about eighty five per cent of the games have been crap. We’ve ground out a series of narrow away wins as well, they’ve made sure relegation has never really been an issue, but, apart from Huddersfield perhaps, what set of supporters would have looked at us and thought they’re a good team? More likely, they would be thinking, they’re rubbish, how did we lose to them?

Interestingly, Bulut made a point of emphasising that he wanted the players to only be positive yesterday, the clear implication being that he usually doesn’t talk like that to the team. Sorry, I don’t think Erol Bulut’s football philosophy will change over the summer and so it’ll likely be more of the same even if we have some better players in - even if we’re doing well, I can see it feeling like the Play Off challenge that nobody realised was happening in Russell Slade’s second season. I’ve got far less footballing winters in front of me than I have behind me and all the last few of them have done is make me realise I should have appreciated the teams from 2007 to 2011 more, even if they were a bunch of bottlers.