Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Well,you’re saying on the one hand that there are home players in the team because it’s got players from Somerset and GLoucestershire, but then you say the West Country doesn’t have a team. I do agree with you though that the competition doesn’t need a team as poor as Welsh Fire have been so far (I see the woman’s team lost fairly comfortably yesterday as well) . I’ve just checked and the Welsh Fire’s average crowd last year was the lowest of the eight teams by a distance which suggests that even with this season’s improved attendances, they’re still the team with the poorest support, so I think the franchise could move to another part of the country and the North East looks the most likely area.
Where do Glamorgan crowds rank against other counties?

Welsh Fire's crowds last year were hit by Covid at least a few times. Limited to maybe 3,000 from memory due to Welsh Covid rules being different to England.

I'm not sure it will be moved. With the draft style team picks there could be a completely different team there next year. This system is meant to guard against there being one outlying good/bad team and all games be at least competitive to some degree but for some reason this season on paper and result wise Welsh Fire seems to be well short of the others.

My worry from a Glamorgan perspective would be a clearly bad Welsh Fire team getting much better crowds than the established county team that plays at the same ground.