+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scottish Independence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Scottish Independence

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Hopefully I live long enough to see an independent Scotland, reunified Ireland and an independent Wales.

F*ck and I mean F*ck the corrupt UK system with it's ludicrous first past the post, House of Lords, veneration and subsidy of the ludicrous veneration of the Royal Family.

The past year has made me join up to YesCymru. I'd love to see people in this country have some belief in ourselves that we could make a success like other small countries.

It's either independence for me or once I've sold house in a few months off to Ireland. I hate the way this government which will be in for a long time will make us nothing more than a county of England.

Still. as long as we beat the English we dont care eh.....
    If I saw independence as a benefit i'd be all over it, but I don't see anything apart from tourism that companies would choose to reside in Wales over England for.

I do feel Wales would be squeezed out whereas as the UK we're just about big enough.

Re: Scottish Independence

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    If I saw independence as a benefit i'd be all over it, but I don't see anything apart from tourism that companies would choose to reside in Wales over England for.

I do feel Wales would be squeezed out whereas as the UK we're just about big enough.
    While there are some examples of it not working, people tend to go where the investment and jobs are. Companies will want to go where the interest is.

What investment is coming into Wales to create jobs and interest? There is no cap on the budget for crossrail or HS2 but it's been very easy to find reason why investment into Wales isn't financially worthwhile...except if it also benefits Bristol.

Wales can grow up but relying on Westminster, especially one acting as it has over past 10 years, isn't it....but that doesn't necessarily mean independence.